Home

Paint Defense is Terrible (Pro-Am)

This is a discussion on Paint Defense is Terrible (Pro-Am) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2017, 11:24 AM   #17
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Paint Defense is Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Also look at the defense / slasher and slasher / defense builds they are nice. I know it sucks to start over though
Want to make a second player as a 3/4 or 4/3 since almost everyone I play with made a guard. Was looking at these two builds. The midrange shot is so low, so was also thinking post scorer/slasher, but don't want to give up so much speed since we like to play fast. With the DEF/Slash Slash/DEF do you just not bother with shooting jumpers and just create havoc and bang down low?
Old 09-18-2017, 11:27 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Quoting you from another thread . Your strength is low for a big. What is your shot contest rating ? Also what are some of the builds troubling you ? You're also too big for effective contest . I had an athletic finisher last year and his strength was a problem at times against glass cleaners and post scorers. My LDD , who was a SF , was better at guarding bigs.
No idea but i would assume builds with more than 75 strength lol. My defensive rating is pretty low when capped at yellow bars. Hopefully i get defensive upgrades soon. I have like 5 left on blocks. Which bar is shot contest?

On the flip side, no one can stop me in the paint either.

My biggest problem is being moved around by smaller people. Once some guard was running through the paint and he literally dragging/pushed me all the way out of the 3 point line. I couldnt disengage from the animation. This happens a lot.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #19
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Why are fake outrage impression-based posts not being posted where it needs to be, in the impressions thread. These hyperbolic impression posts masquerading as a legitimate thread topic just to get more eye balls should be closed by the mods. These are the unsubstantiated threads that lead to unneccessary patches that ruin the gameplay. Where are you 24th?

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 09-18-2017, 11:33 AM   #20
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Lock this thread! Lock this thread! Lock this thread!
Old 09-18-2017, 11:47 AM   #21
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBAT
Want to make a second player as a 3/4 or 4/3 since almost everyone I play with made a guard. Was looking at these two builds. The midrange shot is so low, so was also thinking post scorer/slasher, but don't want to give up so much speed since we like to play fast. With the DEF/Slash Slash/DEF do you just not bother with shooting jumpers and just create havoc and bang down low?
This is not my build . If you want midrange and still be fast a few builds to look at : SF Shot creator / def , PF post / def , Shot creator / slasher, pure shot creator . Also I don't know if the mid is decent for a pure slasher or not but my friend gets them at a high rate.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 11:52 AM   #22
Banned

i should have opened a thread asking for more colors for my away uniform socks instead. Or maybe the letter sizes being too large...
Old 09-18-2017, 11:53 AM   #23
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
This is not my build . If you want midrange and still be fast a few builds to look at : SF Shot creator / def , PF post / def , Shot creator / slasher, pure shot creator . Also I don't know if the mid is decent for a pure slasher or not but my friend gets them at a high rate.

Sounds good, you've convinced me. I think it's in the mid 60s if I'm not mistaken. If that's serviceable, then I may go that route. Watched your 6'10 shot creator/defender, that was some sick stuff. I pretty much always run point, so I'm looking at 6'9, 6'10, going to go PF slasher/defender I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2017, 11:54 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBAT
Sounds good, you've convinced me. I think it's in the mid 60s if I'm not mistaken. If that's serviceable, then I may go that route. Watched your 6'10 shot creator/defender, that was some sick stuff. I pretty much always run point, so I'm looking at 6'9, 6'10, going to go PF slasher/defender I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i was hitting corner 3 pointers with a 25 rated open shot 3.

Also im greening mid range shots with like a 56 mid range.

Just have to be open.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »