Home

Paint Defense is Terrible (Pro-Am)

This is a discussion on Paint Defense is Terrible (Pro-Am) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #25
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Pro-Am Paint Defense Terrible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
My experience playing pro am is that its impossible to protect the rim with a non defender. am a pure athletic and I can't stop anyone and no one can stop me. Every game i finish with 30+ and my opponent almost the same. My ppg in pro am is 28points and that includes games where random guards chuck all game.

2 things that happen the most:

1. My player get shifted unexplainably and opponent gets an easy dunk/layup.
2. My player get a perfect contest and the opponent still makes the layup no problem.

Same thing on other side, I'm about to get hall of fame posterizer because no one can stop me by the rim (except when i fake someout int he air and he magically strips me when in the air wtf 2k?).

I understand that im not supposed to be ben wallace. But can we we a little realistic and not have these 175 pound guards come in for layups like its practice? its impossible to get a block or even hold your ground.
I agree Pro Am is basically the same gameplay this year for Bigs specifically. Bigs Dunking 20 times a game in Traffic (Why would they get tired?). Standing Dunk Galore. People lead passing right through defenders. Pro Am has been hugely dissapointing. Ultimately the same playstyle of last year will dominate this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 12:25 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Paint Defense is Terrible

**** off with your bull**** already. You park guys ruin this game this year I'M DONE. You hear me? Done.

I propose this forum should be broken up into online and offline sections. Why are we not learning from the past.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:28 PM   #27
MVP

tru11's Arena

pick defense as an archetype.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:32 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hengist
**** off with your bull**** already. You park guys ruin this game this year I'M DONE. You hear me? Done.

I propose this forum should be broken up into online and offline sections. Why are we not learning from the past.
this is not even about park lol.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:36 PM   #29
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

Also no better feeling then getting a guy in the air with a pump fake only to have them fall into a clean "block". Thanks 2k
Old 09-18-2017, 12:44 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
Also no better feeling then getting a guy in the air with a pump fake only to have them fall into a clean "block". Thanks 2k
this is infuriating me. happens every game.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:03 PM   #31
Rookie

The ONLY thing they need to fix is how easy it is for offensive players to establish position right under the hoop. Thats the hardest spot to get to in basketball and 2k lets guys just walk in there catch, pump fake and then auto dunk....! They need to let LB/L1 or RB/R1 be like a stone wall skill on D that lasts say 3-6 secs, depending on strength and weight and then has to cool down to do it again. What do ya'll think? Cause right now bigs just get under the hoop with no resistance. This is a legacy issue. Other than that, i love the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 02:21 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusDids29
The ONLY thing they need to fix is how easy it is for offensive players to establish position right under the hoop. Thats the hardest spot to get to in basketball and 2k lets guys just walk in there catch, pump fake and then auto dunk....! They need to let LB/L1 or RB/R1 be like a stone wall skill on D that lasts say 3-6 secs, depending on strength and weight and then has to cool down to do it again. What do ya'll think? Cause right now bigs just get under the hoop with no resistance. This is a legacy issue. Other than that, i love the game.
This is like 80% of why i created the thread in the first place. Damn bigs just run up straight under the rim get a pass and dunk.

Can't stop him no matter what you do.

Atleast in 2k17 you could draw a charge on them but they even took that away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »