Home

Paint Defense is Terrible (Pro-Am)

This is a discussion on Paint Defense is Terrible (Pro-Am) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2017, 03:43 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Paint Defense is Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
Honestly? The only problem I have with defense this year is the insanely stupid amount of clipping. Someone will spin and/or dribble into me and LITERALLY phase through my body, ball and all, as if there's no obstacle impeding their path. Same with some paint protection. More often than not, I've seen bigs completely phase through someone with their hands up because the animation feels as if it has to finish, obstacle be damned.

I wish I would've saved it, but there was even an instance where a guy was backing up away from the paint with the ball, and literally backed up right through me when I was standing still defending my own man.
OMG!...so much of this....i understand my guy is a rebounding post scorer and not a PP...but that doesn't mean they should be phasing through me or moving me with ease....i'm still 7'1 285 which is a MASSIVE character by any standard...and i do have a 91 or so in strength right now...these Shaq esque builds i'm running into that are torching me are actually bigger/heavier than young/peak Shaq and my guy is actually close to Shaq's measurements....idk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 03:45 PM   #42
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
How are people playing defense?????

To me, it's simple. You want a offensive-minded MyPlayer, you sacrifice defense. You want a defensive-minded MyPlayer, you sacrifice offense. I'm not understanding why this is such a hard concept to grasp. I literally reading how people have an offensive-minded MyPlayer, but then complain how they're getting scored on. WTF?????

It's like patterning your MyPlayer after James Harden and wondering why you're not locking anyone down.
So unless you have a defensive player, you should be getting dunked on everytime around the rim? You should be getting walked into the paint even with high strength? Not having a defensive archtype should not basically make your player irrelevant on the defense end around the paint. Should making a defensive player make you better on defense, obviously. Should it mean a non defensive player can get scored on at will everytime, no

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by shayellis; 09-18-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:18 PM   #43
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
So unless you have a defensive player, you should be getting dunked on everytime around the rim? You should be getting walked into the paint even with high strength? Not having a defensive archtype should not basically make your player irrelevant on the defense end around the paint. Should making a defensive player make you better on defense, obviously. Should it mean a non defensive player can get scored on at will everytime, no

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
what are your defense ratings?
Old 09-18-2017, 04:20 PM   #44
Rookie

TalentedJB's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Pro-Am Paint Defense Terrible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
This statement says it all and explains your problem....

EXACTLY, I have a Paint Protector & don't face this problem, you would think maybe there's a reason 2K gave you an option to create a DEFENSIVE ARCHTYPE. Smh, these guys complain too much.

2K don't patch the gameplay, it's legit!

NCAA FB: Rutgers
NCAA BB: UCONN
NBA: Knicks
NFL: GIANTS.
MLB: Mets
Old 09-18-2017, 04:33 PM   #45
Rookie

SF Slasher/LDD definitely having issues with paint defense. If I jump it's a foul, if I keep my hands up they just slide through me. My dude is 6'8 250. This has happened enough that I'm starting to want to give up on my 88 rated guy I grinded with all weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 04:46 PM   #46
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

I just want to make it clear, I'm mostly advocating for lowering the offensive 7"3 leadpass/dunkfest in the paint. I am not so much advocating to buff the defense of all the non defensive builds. Lockdowns are already a super niche.

1. However I would like stamina to be drained much more on these standing dunks in Traffic with the whole team around. I see no layups around the basket by bigs, simply dunks with no contact being initiated.

2. The speed in movement/quickness is way to fast for these 7"3 behemoths. Outside of sprinting and walking they turn, move, jump, etc as quick as any other build so really there "slow speed" is hardly ever exposed.

3. Rebounds just seem to go to the 7"3 player all the time. Position, timing, etc. hardly matters if you have a 7"3 player with max wingspan. The ball will basically morph into the players hand.

As of right now, there is no incentive to not make a 7"3 Max/Almost Max weight Big with Max Wingspan. The meta this is shaping up to be stale
Old 09-18-2017, 04:49 PM   #47
MVP

tru11's Arena

so its a nerf offense thread?
Old 09-18-2017, 04:52 PM   #48
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
so its a nerf offense thread?
Well I am only speaking for myself but A more accurate statement would be nerf standing Dunks in traffic and lead passing through defense. Nerf 7"3 max weight players having no problem hanging with smaller bigs because they will get a block/rebound even when they are out of position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »