Home

(Pro Am/Park Players) 7'0 to 7'3 280lbs+ Big Men Move to Quickly

This is a discussion on (Pro Am/Park Players) 7'0 to 7'3 280lbs+ Big Men Move to Quickly within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2017, 07:07 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: (Pro Am/Park Players) 7'0 to 7'3 280lbs+ Big Men Move to Quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
bro my speed is like 47 as a 7'3 300 pound pure athlete.

What is your speed with your skinny self?
its not the speed on your ratings. its the animations. I dont think they did it on purpose to be honest. I think its just something that came out when they were changing things with the animations and what not. I'm saying your technical quickness is the problem. not your speed. the movement of these super big guys in the half court is crazy quick. their recovery time is amazing. but for reference. i'm a 86 overall, athletic finisher/post scoring center. 6'10, 240lbs.

all bars are maxed out(meaning whatever the max can be at 86 is where I am). i would assume my speed is in the high 60's or even maybe 70 on the dot. I can run past other bigs on the break or if they come way out to guard me at the 3 point line. if they do that. its curtains. my guys is to lean and too fast. but if i'm on one side of the paint and they are on the other side even between the opposite corner and the paint. like 10 feet away from me. if i catch a quick pass and try to go up quickly. half the time they are sliding back over and recovering all on top of my guy like they were always there. its crazy how fast they move. if they are going to move that quickly. there is no reason to make a big man less than 7'3, 300+ lbs. everyone will make clones. which is boring to me.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:09 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I'm ok with this. I finally have a rim protector that can move.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
you're not supposed to be able to move that quickly with a guy that big. its not realistic at all.

you want a better rim protector. thats ok. make a thinner shorter guy with hops. thats realistic.

you want a bruiser guy that will just throw his weight around when he gets the ball punk guys for boards. get that big boy like some of you have. and do work. but you can't have a rim protecting 7'3 340 monster. moving like hakeem. thats not real at all. thats cartoonish.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:21 PM   #11
Pro

and just like i called it. everybody and their great aunt has a giant now. 7'3 340 or so. doesnt matter the archetype. big boys moving around like guards when in the half court. terrible.

So now. i have to debate even messing with my current guy or just leaving him alone and going super big like everyone else and making yet another big clone...BORING.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 02:34 PM   #12
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
and just like i called it. everybody and their great aunt has a giant now. 7'3 340 or so. doesnt matter the archetype. big boys moving around like guards when in the half court. terrible.

So now. i have to debate even messing with my current guy or just leaving him alone and going super big like everyone else and making yet another big clone...BORING.
Yup I might put this game down soon. I definitely don't see myself playing this the full year at this rate. Such a shame, hundreds of Archetype combos but one type of useful player frame for bigs.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:59 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
Yup I might put this game down soon. I definitely don't see myself playing this the full year at this rate. Such a shame, hundreds of Archetype combos but one type of useful player frame for bigs.
Just to make sure my theory was correct I just made my own 7'0 315 big. This dude is moving around like a small forward. come on 2kayyyyyy ya killin me. The lateral quickness is crazy. I know he's an athletic finish/defender(rim protector) and i know defenders have better lateral movement. but no big man at 315 pounds at 7 feet or more should be moving that fast laterally.

I know 2k wanted to make sure using bigs were fun this year. But that aint the way to do it. keep it realistic.

The fun was lost with most bigs due to them blowing layups under the basket when they should not have in 2k17. just due to some defender just standing close not even challenging the layup. if you take that out the game. then people would love bigs again.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:01 PM   #14
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Would you mind making a video of this in action? Just curious to see...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-20-2017, 04:03 PM   #15
Banned

mhayden614's Arena

Seeing a lot of these 7'3 guys that just take up the entire paint and even when you play good defense there's not much you can do because they just dunk over you if you're smaller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 04:17 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhayden614
Seeing a lot of these 7'3 guys that just take up the entire paint and even when you play good defense there's not much you can do because they just dunk over you if you're smaller.
as it should be.

I can't guard small guys on the perimeter and you cant guard me in the paint.

balanced lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »