Home

(Pro Am/Park Players) 7'0 to 7'3 280lbs+ Big Men Move to Quickly

This is a discussion on (Pro Am/Park Players) 7'0 to 7'3 280lbs+ Big Men Move to Quickly within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2017, 01:43 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0

Notice I did not say move to fast. They are not fast which is realisic. They do not run fast like in a straight line up the court in a foot race. that is again realistic and 2k devs did a great job on that.

BUT, they move laterally to quickly on defense. They move to quickly on offense in small spaces to quickly to be that tall and that heavy.

What this will do is cause EVERYONE that wants to be a center or a PF to go get a giant and make him as heavy as possible because you wont lose much quickness.

Bigmen, that are 280lbs to 300 should not be quick at all. unless we're saying that everyone can be shaq. again if thats the case, then everyone will make the exact same build for their big.

320lbs+ guys should be slow as hell no matter if we're talking running or on defense or laterally or moving in small spaces.

ex.: if I have a 6'10 240lb athletic finisher(whatever its called in 2k18) and post scorer combo archetype...boosted to 86 all bars are maxed as they can be at the moment. if someone passes me the ball along the baseline on the left block as I'm cutting to the rim. the defender giant big thats 7'3 330lbs and sitting on the outside of the right side of the paint...should never be able to turn completely around move over and get to my layup or dunk on the opposite side of the paint. If he can do that at that height and weight consistently. Then that means there is no use for any big under 7'0 feet and under 280lbs. why get a smaller shorter dude if you can't out quick people in space? yes I can out run another giant. but that will only help off the dribble if he comes way out and i blow by him. that wont help when i'm sneaking back door and he's not paying attention yet he turns and is all over me in milliseconds.

I've seen these giant 7'0+ 300+ lb bigs with different archetypes. mostly athletic finisher+ shooters, rebounders+rebounders, anything and shot creators(which is silly as a big what center is a shot creating center so to speak? some will say Towns. but not really. yes he has handles for a center, but he's not all the time making kobe like moves to create space and pulling up. a center should never have the word shot creator around his name. Now a PF..thats different. there are a couple. durant is one of them since they wont allow you to make a 7foot SF. but lets be clear durant is not the rule he's the anomaly.

We also have the other obviously known issues like athletic finishers with 90+ layup ratings blowing layups when not being guarded for no reason at all. but you can dunk on 2 people when your dunk rating is less than a 90. makes no sense. The game is rather good. I have no issues with these same giant bigs running down court and pushing me underneath the basket then turning and dunking on me. thats realistic. if you allow a big boy to get you that deep its supposed to be over. you're not supposed to be able to recover from that. you're under the rim, there is no blocking the shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: (Pro Am/Park Players) 7'0 to 7'3 280lbs+ Big Men Move to Quickly

yeah....i faced a 7'2 slashing post scorer or something like that...he was gliding around...there really was no reason to make my guy 7"1 285.....the taller/heavier guys are just as fast and way more dominant in the paint
Old 09-18-2017, 02:27 PM   #3
Banned

bro my speed is like 47 as a 7'3 300 pound pure athlete.

What is your speed with your skinny self?
Old 09-18-2017, 02:31 PM   #4
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

OP is right in regards, Speed/quickness and Size should be involved in more than just running/sprinting and walking. It should involve how fast you can turn around, how fast you can jump etc.

I think a large part of the problem is the lack of footplanting on defense. Go to the instant replay sometime and you see how players slide around the court on defense.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
OP is right in regards, Speed/quickness and Size should be involved in more than just running/sprinting and walking. It should involve how fast you can turn around, how fast you can jump etc.

I think a large part of the problem is the lack of footplanting on defense. Go to the instant replay sometime and you see how players slide around the court on defense.

this...these 7"2-7"3 300lb+ guys cover WAY too much ground...i made a 7"1 guy thinking they'd balance that out more and give me a slight speed advantage...but, it's the EXACT same game in the pro-am as last year in regards to balance and tendencies....literally plays exactly the same so far...tons of 3's and guys bigger/heavier than freakin Shaq dominating in the paint......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 04:20 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2K2
this...these 7"2-7"3 300lb+ guys cover WAY too much ground...i made a 7"1 guy thinking they'd balance that out more and give me a slight speed advantage...but, it's the EXACT same game in the pro-am as last year in regards to balance and tendencies....literally plays exactly the same so far...tons of 3's and guys bigger/heavier than freakin Shaq dominating in the paint......
my 7'2 325 post/rebounder is killing the pro am right now, on defense and offense. i avg for now in 14 games almost 20 ppg almost 11 rpg 2 apg and almost 3 blks
Old 09-18-2017, 04:24 PM   #7
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah 2k needs to fix this already, there's no reason not to make a 7'3 center the way its currently set up.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:28 PM   #8
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm ok with this. I finally have a rim protector that can move.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »