Home

Can't Do Up & Unders/or Up and step Thrus without being Blocked

This is a discussion on Can't Do Up & Unders/or Up and step Thrus without being Blocked within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2017, 05:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can't Do Up & Unders/or Up and step Thrus without being Blocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
I agree with all of this. This could easily be remedied by 2k if they just make it so: If you jump on defense and land on someone, its likely to be a foul.

But instead of that happening, in 2k they land on you and you lose the ball to a "block". Its a joke. 2k increase the fouls for when people jump, its asinine right now

The classic rule of defense: "Don't leave your feet" is completely ignored in 2k
The post game is definitely more fluid this year but there is no point if people are getting away with body blocks and jumping on your player with no calls.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:52 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
And to add , it seems that way to much good shots miss even with the best Big men in the game, iv had single coverage in dominant position and il just miss any hook shots i shoot, its also harder to control what hook shots you do this year, and to me it seems harder to move in the post, its like you automatically go into this drawn out back down animation, the post needs to be fixed.
I truly believe the actual Layups(hooks, anything not a dunk or a jumper) or broken at this point in time with certain players. not just bigs.

just like we hear people complaining about the dunks being broken for certain guys. we're not talking contested dunks. guys that cant dunk wide open. its making them lay it up even though they have dunks equipped to their guy. layups are always equipped. but they make you blow layups like crazy on this game right now. you let it the go quickly, blown, you hold it a little longer, blown. you hold it long, blown. you use the analog stick only..blown. you pull back. blown. push up blown. push the right or left and up ..blown. left or right all side. blown.

its sad really. but the same guy will dunk on two or more people which looks real nice when it happens but man. everyone doesnt want to be Deandre jordan with no actual post game. lol.

if you're going to have a post scorer archetype. i want to work people out with that layup fest.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:59 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullspeed
The post game is definitely more fluid this year but there is no point if people are getting away with body blocks and jumping on your player with no calls.
hey, that post movement is a thing of beauty. but like you said. it doesnt matter. cause I'm getting body block darn near everytime. the only two moves that work well are the spin to the middle move and the drop step. thats because those animations already make you go around your defender(or attempt to).

Someone might have forgotten about that with the up and under.

either that or they are forcing you to have a super high post control to pull it off. which would still be silly. even the weakest bigs in the nba with no post game know how to do an up and under if asked to do it. thats something you're taught in high school if you have a good coach or at worse college.

all big men know the move. the reason you dont see nba bigs doing it anymore is because most of them dont have the super high iq to know WHEN to use the move. thats the difference between hakeem and deandre jordan. or better yet andrew bynum before the knees were gone and deandre jordan.

you have to know the move, then know when to use it. this is why dwight was never great in the post. he could not remember when to use the other post moves and he was taught by Pat ewing and Hakeem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 02:25 PM   #12
Pro

I found something in practice the other day. i was doing one of those post move practices in the team practice gym. where it asks you to do X amt of up and unders. I did this practice twice. I did the proper stick controlled up and under and got my points. but here's the kicker. the animation wasn't putting my guy up and around the guy(for the step thru).

To get that animation that we have been talking about. I needed to first Drop step. then I could either use to the RT and step thru and around my guy(real nice animations). or i could use X and move the left stick in either direction to choose which side i wanted to go towards. But non of these counted as up and unders in that practice even though they were visually.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:34 PM   #13
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
I found something in practice the other day. i was doing one of those post move practices in the team practice gym. where it asks you to do X amt of up and unders. I did this practice twice. I did the proper stick controlled up and under and got my points. but here's the kicker. the animation wasn't putting my guy up and around the guy(for the step thru).

To get that animation that we have been talking about. I needed to first Drop step. then I could either use to the RT and step thru and around my guy(real nice animations). or i could use X and move the left stick in either direction to choose which side i wanted to go towards. But non of these counted as up and unders in that practice even though they were visually.
Im going to try this when I get home and probably post the results.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:39 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain

Can confirm. I just do the post offense drill. Spin to drop then up and under.

But yeah nothing seems to register for the specific up and under drill.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:57 AM   #15
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Pump fakes on this game are a joke. They don't even flinch. The post moves are nice but you get blocked 99% of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 03:00 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
Pump fakes on this game are a joke. They don't even flinch. The post moves are nice but you get blocked 99% of the time.

In MyCareer? I find if the opposing center has weak post defense hitting some post combos can actually break ankles. Centers wither higher post defense do hold their ground, so go to a fade.

I'm not great at playing this build but get point pretty quickly till the doubles come.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what's being said here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »