Home

Game speed, Passing Speed & "Movement Slider" balance ?

This is a discussion on Game speed, Passing Speed & "Movement Slider" balance ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2017, 11:48 AM   #33
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Game speed, Passing Speed & "Movement Slider" balance ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agame;
Game speed at 62. Player Movements are much better- more like the NBA. MORE IMPORTANT, that shots look more realistic, Even the SWISH LOOKS BETTER. I think its the perfect speed for the game . And yes I took a Stop Clock to it - it makes a difference one second - or lessí*˝íµ°

Can I ask what game speed u ran on 17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2017, 11:48 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
Can I ask what game speed u ran on 17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the slow reply, I think in the lower 60s.. but if I'm honest I don't remember. I'll post a screen shot when I get in.

www.blaksmarshall.com | Social Media @blaksmarshall
Old 09-25-2017, 02:55 AM   #35
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

So I did some testing, and as much as I like the default min/max speed sliders, they're a tiny bit too slow.

Let's say the fastest player in the league is John Wall and the slowest is Boban, here is an example of a John Wall fast break: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yfrx6e3BsI

From the moment he catches the ball, it takes him about 3.7 seconds to run down and finish the dunk.

I tried to replicate that from the same exact starting spot and even gave him a running head start just like in the real-life clip. With default min/max sliders he always ended up taking more than 4 seconds to complete the same act.

As for Boban, here's a clip of him running full speed without the ball and catching a pass for the dunk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9883LRpwWo

If you try replicating that exactly the same way in 2K, by having him sprint without the ball and catch a pass from one of the ball boys for a dunk, it takes at least 5-6 seconds with default sliders. In real life, Boban is most likely the slowest guy in the league and it still only took him 4 seconds to run down court and dunk.

If you want to replicate real life speed, I suggest the following settings:

Game Speed: 50
Speed with Ball Max: 75
Speed with Ball Min: 40
Acceleration with Ball Max: 72
Acceleration with Ball Min: 40
Speed without Ball Max: 75
Speed without Ball Min: 40
Acceleration without Ball Max: 72
Acceleration without Ball Min: 40

Last edited by antdoggydogg; 09-27-2017 at 04:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 09:52 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
So I did some testing, and as much as I like the default min/max speed sliders, they're a tiny bit too slow.

Let's say the fastest player in the league is John Wall and the slowest is Boban, here is an example of a John Wall fast break: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yfrx6e3BsI

From the moment he catches the ball, it takes him about 3.7 seconds to run down and finish the dunk.

I tried to replicate that from the same exact starting spot and even gave him a running head start just like in the real-life clip. With default min/max sliders he always ended up taking more than 4 seconds to complete the same act.

As for Boban, here's a clip of him running full speed without the ball and catching a pass for the dunk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9883LRpwWo

If you try replicating that exactly the same way in 2K, by having him sprint without the ball and catch a pass from one of the ball boys for a dunk, it takes at least 5-6 seconds with default sliders. In real life, Boban is most likely the slowest guy in the league and it still only took him 4 seconds to run down court and dunk.

Awesome, that's what I have it at. I timed various fast players (including Wall) and aimed for about 3.5 seconds coast to coast. Just felt right at that speed.

I didn't test Minimum so I'll use 40
Old 10-02-2017, 01:31 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:

Hey guys I agree with all the settings except game speed and lettuce at 50 the ball shot animation is too slow

www.blaksmarshall.com | Social Media @blaksmarshall
Old 10-03-2017, 05:12 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:

I'll definitely have to try this out in 30 mins and see how it goes

Sent from my TECNO-C9 using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2017, 08:52 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

These movement sliders feel excellent. Thank you for posting. I will likely incorporate these into the Simworld slider set when it is complete.

If you make any additional changes. Please let us know. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2017, 11:41 PM   #40
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

I adjusted my sliders after some more research. If you look at draft combine results, the fastest players usually can 3/4 of the court in 3 seconds without the ball. This is currently not possible in 2K even with a player with 99 speed. Granted, acceleration ratings also play a part here, but that area is much harder to quantify. So I adjusted the sliders till I was able to get results that mimic real-life speed.

Eric Gordon's draft combine measurements had him run the 3/4 sprint in 3 seconds flat. I had to give Eric Gordon a 99 rating in speed and turn up the Max Speed without Ball slider to 100 in order to get him to run a 3/4 sprint in 3 seconds.

With these same sliders I was able to get John Wall to run a true-to-life 3.15 second 3/4 sprint without the ball. And 3.7 sprint with the ball.

Game Speed: 50 (Changing this adjusts clock speed)
Speed without Ball Max: 100
Acceleration without Ball Max: 96

For anyone that's interested I will be releasing a roster with accurate speed ratings using my own scale in the next month or so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »