Home

Why is Hassan Whiteside so weak?

This is a discussion on Why is Hassan Whiteside so weak? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 12:16 AM   #17
Rookie

DTHEGAWD's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why is Hassan Whiteside so weak?

Hassan is a beast though. One of the best rebounders in 2K and gets pleny of strong dunks.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:40 AM   #18
Reignman Baby!

SonicBoom2040's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm gonna chime in here and tell u something that happened to me the other day on 2k18...

I'm using the T-wolves in franchise...I dont like Teague or his shot or his D....so I go looking for a trade partner...lo and behold the Heat offer me Whiteside practically straight up!

But I won't take the deal cuz I have KAT.
Tell me that's not f'd up on top of what u already said !
Old 09-19-2017, 03:41 AM   #19
MVP

3304Life's Arena

Yeah but he has no post game. You give him a 90 strength and he becomes an elite post player on strength alone. His current strength doesn't stop him getting rebounds or dunking.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:13 AM   #20
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I don't know of this was 2k's logic...but as big and athletic as he is, he's not a great low post defender...he has trouble holding position. I remember watching Al Jefferson and Jonas eat him up during the playoffs some years back...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That would probably fall under low post defensive iq imo. Hassan is probably the most ripped guy in the league except for dwight. I think that they just haven't changed his strength attribute since he was drafted because he was fairly weak for a big man at the time

Also, Kevin Love is an absolutely horrendous low post defender but still has an 83 strength

Last edited by VAWereWolf65; 09-19-2017 at 06:25 AM.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:14 AM   #21
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3304Life
Yeah but he has no post game. You give him a 90 strength and he becomes an elite post player on strength alone. His current strength doesn't stop him getting rebounds or dunking.
Strength doesn't affect post scoring, the Post Control attribute affects how well you can work in the post. Strength is mostly for defense
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 06:18 AM   #22
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Having more muscle definition doesn't mean he's inherently stronger. Yeah Hassan is a strong guy, but he still gets pushed around a fair bit by a few centers in the league, so clearly he isn't the strongest at the position. Justin Jackson being in the 60's is okay by me, he's not a weakling, he had a pretty successful post game in college to go with his spot ups.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:25 AM   #23
MVP

3304Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakaido
Dude what? Do you not know biology or physics?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Operation Sports mobile app

Nah it's actually true. It's why guys who do CrossFit tend to be really well defined but for the most part aren't that strong. Lighter weights + higher reps = muscle definition and size but no difference in strength.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:27 AM   #24
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Having more muscle definition doesn't mean he's inherently stronger. Yeah Hassan is a strong guy, but he still gets pushed around a fair bit by a few centers in the league, so clearly he isn't the strongest at the position. Justin Jackson being in the 60's is okay by me, he's not a weakling, he had a pretty successful post game in college to go with his spot ups.
"Pretty successful in college" doesn't deserve a 67 strength for someone who's 6'8" and only 209 pounds. Hell, Jayson Tatums post game was way better, how come his strength is only in the 50s?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »