Home

so which stats can never be fixed by sliders?

This is a discussion on so which stats can never be fixed by sliders? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2017, 11:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
so which stats can never be fixed by sliders?

Hi People,

I'm HUGE on simulation stats. Basically I want to replicate the box score as realistic as possible each game. 3P FGA, TO, PIP all that good stuff. Every year I assess my sliders by playing games using random current teams against CPU and jot down all the important stats and average it out over 10 games to see the team average per game and compare it to the real life median on basketball-reference.com or ESPN. Then rinse repeat after slider adjustments. I haven't purchased the game yet, but I want to know what stats are NOT reliably replicated even with tinkering of the sliders.

Last year Rebounds (too high), Fouls (too low), CPU FTA (too low) to name a few could not be made realistic by any means and it seems like Rebounds and Fouls are again an issue based on posts I've been browsing through. I know the game just got released, but any thoughts on this is appreciated. Thanks.

PS. I play on PS4, so never got to try the SimWorld roster and sliders.

Last edited by grahf21; 09-19-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 11:43 PM   #2
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: so which stats can never be fixed by sliders?

Your routine sounds a lot like mine.

Unfortunately, it's the same issues this year. Mostly just too many rebounds and not enough fouls. But I think the fouls issue can be fixed with a little more work with sliders and player draw fouls ratings/commit foul tendencies. I am doing some experiments with this.

Rebounds I can never figure out. Some stats can only be controlled by the user though, sometimes we have a tendency to speed up the court and continue the back and forth game without stopping to slow down. Pace controls a lot. And we need to intentionally foul more in strategic situations.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:48 PM   #3
Rookie

ifeanyi18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
Your routine sounds a lot like mine.

Unfortunately, it's the same issues this year. Mostly just too many rebounds and not enough fouls. But I think the fouls issue can be fixed with a little more work with sliders and player draw fouls ratings/commit foul tendencies. I am doing some experiments with this.

Rebounds I can never figure out. Some stats can only be controlled by the user though, sometimes we have a tendency to speed up the court and continue the back and forth game without stopping to slow down. Pace controls a lot. And we need to intentionally foul more in strategic situations.
Rebounds being high is just tied into the lack of free throw attempts/lack of possessions ending in a turnover(which also relates to the fouls, moving screens, charges, over the back etc..) Then of course overall FG%/pace affects it as well but I think primary reason people see too many boards is because of the former assuming they're not playing at a rampant unrealistic pace.

The contact frequency sliders have the biggest effect on free throw attempts, i've been able to get pretty accurate attempts in previous games by maxing driving/inside contact shot frequency.

Last edited by ifeanyi18; 09-18-2017 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:54 PM   #4
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

Those things are definitely all tied together. I also think there might be a problem with team rebounds being categorized as regular rebounds?
Old 09-19-2017, 01:59 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm very aware of pace affecting stats but I believe pace can be inferred by average FGA per game, which league average is 84 or 85. This amount of shots is what I strive for sometimes even artificially by running more plays or what not. Well it's too bad that rebound stats can't be fixed. Fouls I can turn the other way, but rebounds is hard to look over. Such a vital stat.

Last year I couldn't consistently get the opposing players to head to the line. Turbo+block failed to do the job. Do cpu players get to the line 24 times a game in this version?

Last edited by grahf21; 09-19-2017 at 02:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 03:12 AM   #6
Rookie

Offensive rebounds no matter what. It's not that uncommon to have people get 8+ rebounds in the game. I've tried lowering that slider, still to no avail
Old 09-19-2017, 07:30 AM   #7
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Non-Shooting fouls
Old 09-19-2017, 07:52 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 2

One of the biggest problems with two many rebounds is not enough balls go out of bounds off a player after a missed shot. I think the 'hands' slider helps with that, but i'm scared to lower it too much, because it also affects other things in gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »