Home

My Career CPU Defense Issues

This is a discussion on My Career CPU Defense Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 01:02 PM   #1
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Question My Career CPU Defense Issues

I know Mike talked about removed the brick wall defense from 2k17 which in a way he did. But, curious if others are noticing that when you cross over your defender to left or right that defender now rides your hip all the way. My last game some no name rookie player pretty much was stuck on my left and right like glue the entire game. Even though it's not brick wall like and I can get 1 step with isolation he's still right next to me. What happened to adjusting cpu defense speed for players? I pretty much have my speed and acceleration fully maxed but still can't get big separation from slow defender.

Not really sure anymore if 2k is doing all this to cater to sim player in my league who like moving the ball and playing team ball? Or if this is done on purpose to make things harder to score/get badges so you have to grind more and be forced to buy VC?

Problem is while this is great for sim players it's frustrating for My Career players. Plus that whole VC backlash 2k18 is getting this year that's a whole different topic.

Let me know if anyone else is noticing this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: My Career CPU Defense Issues

Made a Slashing Playmaker and haven't had to much trouble with the hip riding animation. If I make a crossover and get the step usually the defender does collapse and ride my hip but I either have enough space to get a good lay-up attempt or make another move to create more space which usually sets up a good looking shot or pass.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: My Career CPU Defense Issues

Correct iso does give you 1 step right or left and you have path to hoop. But with defender only step or two away that layup will be missed at high percentage. There are many threads and topics with high layup misses going around so I know a complete separation is needed to make a high percentage one. I try not to force it so I always iso to the hoop get step then dish out. If I was a pg that would be fine and i can live with high assists. But, I want to score damn it I'm a slasher/shot creator with maxed speed and acceleration.

To much sim hard to score animations purposly added in this game to balance other modes. Those are just facts. I also found another great thread where someone found a logic flaw with speed wihout ball vs with ball and sure enough he's 100% dead on. Test your player speed without ball vs with ball it's not even close. It's like running in mud with ball and running a 100 meter with Bolt without ball.

The speed differences and cpu hip grind replaced brick wall for 2k18. I sort of knew it was to good to be true when I heard brick wall was gone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »