Home

Layups with no meter -Da_Czar

This is a discussion on Layups with no meter -Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 04:37 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Layups with no meter -Da_Czar

Yes, please do NOT change anything with regards to layup releases. Once you get a hold of it, you guys can even make and-1 layups!

One's best success comes after their greatest disappointments
Old 09-19-2017, 04:39 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

The thing that gets me, if I grab an offensive board etc and am open under the rim it feels like it's 50/50 if it is going to be a dunk or layup no matter how much I hold down R2 and the analog towards the hoop. Which mean I time layups bad because I'm going for he dunk and throw up a bad layup, would be good to have the layup meter back I think, to know if it's going to be a layup rather than a dunk
Old 09-19-2017, 04:44 PM   #19
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

And yet My Career players vs MY GM/Team go head to head again. The issue is mainly with My Career. Guy above me posted the most obvious. If you grab an offense rebound it's 50/50 put back with no contest from defender. Just because they stand there does not mean it should miss. Nobody wants 100% and yes layups do miss but 50% just because someone is looking at you.

Same is if you beat your defender and go for a layup. Just because there is someone standing there does not mean there should be 50/50 make ration.

Please no more education on NBA players miss layups too. Yes they also miss dunks but at what % 5 ? Maybe less? Definitely not at this rate.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:01 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
Unless you prefer to not have your hand being massaged every time the ball touches the floor.
I'm still waiting on my copy of the game to arrive, but the only way to stop the controller vibrating on every single dribble is to turn vibration off completely? That's awful if true.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:25 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
I'm just waiting for the petition to bring back timed layups. We told y'all to leave them in but y'all didn't want it anymore. Now look at you

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
timed layups havent gone anywhere. the visual feedback is gone and they instead added a vibration feed back for the layups. they did not change the mechanics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 05:39 PM   #22
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Stars miss layups in the NBA. They're not always just an automatic. Just cause they're high 80's athletic finisher doesn't mean he automatically makes 100% of his layups even when alone.
Some of these folks who only play online, once they rank their my player up, except that they should hit every single shot every single time. Totally unrealistic.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:24 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencad123
The thing that gets me, if I grab an offensive board etc and am open under the rim it feels like it's 50/50 if it is going to be a dunk or layup no matter how much I hold down R2 and the analog towards the hoop. Which mean I time layups bad because I'm going for he dunk and throw up a bad layup, would be good to have the layup meter back I think, to know if it's going to be a layup rather than a dunk

THIS. x 1000

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-19-2017, 06:45 PM   #24
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
Some of these folks who only play online, once they rank their my player up, expect that they should hit every single shot every single time. Totally unrealistic.
I hate to say it, but it's the "only play online" folks that ruined the gameplay last year. Why do I say that? Because 2k listens to them the most when they complain because they spend money on VC.

What they say is "broken" is what gets fixed. If they don't like how layups are, then layups will unfortunately be fixed to be easier.

IMO, layups are perfectly fine this year once you figure out the timing, but I'm not holding my breath that they won't be easier in the coming weeks and months.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »