Home

NBA 2k18 Freelance Offense Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 Freelance Offense Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2017, 09:23 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k18 Freelance Offense Thread

Basically since 2K16, I've been running the Pace first, then Swing and Flow. Pace is my favorite to run pick-and-rolls out of, especially if I have a couple guys who can make corner 3s. (My Timberwolves this year don't quite have that setup...)

I really want to dive into some others, but haven't gotten there yet.
Apex Legends (PS4
Breath of the Wild (Switch)
Out of the Park Baseball 20
Old 09-20-2017, 09:36 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
How does swing work? I want to master some of these but don't know the mechanics

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
If you understand the Bo Ryan Swing Offense, it definitely isn't the same. It doesn't appear to have the UCLA/Flex continuity that his Swing Offense has. So I've never really figured out where this Swing offense is from.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:40 AM   #11
MVP

I've ran a lot of Princeton Chin the last two years. For anyone that doesn't understand it's purpose and flow, it can get you a lot of easy layups. Also, if you have a center than can stretch the floor, it can be especially deadly once you start incorporating ball screens into your offense.

On top of that, you can never go wrong with the Triangle. It takes some time to understand the motion cuts and the reads that go along with it, but it is very rewarding once you get it down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 09:50 AM   #12
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
How does swing work? I want to master some of these but don't know the mechanics

I'm with Bruce, here. I'm all in on the game, I just don't understand a lot of strategy behind schemes. The coach menu this year is amazing with the details. I needed that...

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...
Old 09-20-2017, 09:51 AM   #13
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
I've ran a lot of Princeton Chin the last two years. For anyone that doesn't understand it's purpose and flow, it can get you a lot of easy layups. Also, if you have a center than can stretch the floor, it can be especially deadly once you start incorporating ball screens into your offense.

On top of that, you can never go wrong with the Triangle. It takes some time to understand the motion cuts and the reads that go along with it, but it is very rewarding once you get it down.
Now this one I liked. I understand this offense slightly better than the others.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:39 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx

I just went in to test this one and either i am blind or the Princeton Chin (or any other variant of the Princeton) is not in this year.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:21 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Now this one I liked. I understand this offense slightly better than the others.

didn't know princeton could still be effective in current era. i'll try it soon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
I just went in to test this one and either i am blind or the Princeton Chin (or any other variant of the Princeton) is not in this year.
I will 100% lose my absolute mind if it isn't in the game. I LOVE that offense. I've ran it consistently for the last two years. It's always sort of been my tribute to the old school way of slow tempo offense. That was the offense I ran with my high school team last year. Urghhhhh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »