Home

NBA 2k18 Freelance Offense Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 Freelance Offense Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 05:21 PM   #1
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3
NBA 2k18 Freelance Offense Thread

What is your favorite freelance offense to run this year? I haven't tried out a ton yet but I am really liking the swing freelance so far. I love how much smoother and quicker it is to run plays and freelances this year. No more watching players get caught up on each other trying to run a play while you watch the shot clock dwindle into oblivion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 08:10 PM   #2
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k18 Freelance Offense Thread

How does swing work? I want to master some of these but don't know the mechanics

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2017, 08:16 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm sure this will get completely ignored and probably never fixed but DENVER NUGGETS are running the WRONG freelance. They keep running 3 out 2 in when it should be pace. (pace is even listed as their default but they dont run it)
Old 09-19-2017, 08:49 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Might be highjacking this, but been wondering: Does the CPU actually run Freelance ? The coaches basically all having "call play" over 75 and that auto-playcalling in mycareer is 100% setplays makes me kinde think they won't ...

Haven't gone deep yet, but Pace is just super fun and quick. It is a bit limited and you definitely need players with a fitting skill set, but just runs smoothly without (m)any issues

@BlackBruceWayne: Try hunting down last years thread, there were tons of helpful videos and advise on it. Am on Tablet right now and search function is a pain there, otherwise i'd help you out. But should be easy enough to track down.

In general i recommend going to scrimmage, turn on full playvision and to show it on all plays (in Coach settings( and test it out, all you need to figure out the (much less stringent than at the beginning in 16) starting trigger points and then there are branches going from each one, also depending on who is bringing the ball up the court (PG, Wing, Big) and who the first pass goes to.

Most kinde do what they sound like and pretty much all are described in last years big thread on it.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:58 AM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain
I'm sure this will get completely ignored and probably never fixed but DENVER NUGGETS are running the WRONG freelance. They keep running 3 out 2 in when it should be pace. (pace is even listed as their default but they dont run it)
Message Czar

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 06:29 AM   #6
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Im a sucker for the flow offense. It isn't great with Harrison Barnes and Wes Matthews as the 2 wings, but bring in Seth Curry and Devin Harris and it works nicely.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:39 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Im a sucker for the flow offense. It isn't great with Harrison Barnes and Wes Matthews as the 2 wings, but bring in Seth Curry and Devin Harris and it works nicely.
I'm mostly looking for a freelance that gets me open at the three with Wes/Curry/Barnes (or even Dirk). Because this year the Dallas guards have crazy speed with the ball and can easily get around their man using PnR, it's just when I kick it out the AI manages to close down practically immediately giving me no chance to shoot from range at a consistent rate.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:54 AM   #8
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
How does swing work? I want to master some of these but don't know the mechanics

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Like the triangle, the initiation starts at the 3pt wing area. You look to swing the ball to the weak side by passing to the big man at the top of the key. If not, hold on to the ball and u probably see a ZIPPER action by another wing player at the corner (strong side) with the other big man at the low post (strong side) setting the screen.

When u attack in transition, bring the ball up to the side. The initiation for Swing is faster when u stop at the 3pt line.

Check out Czar's channel. I think he got 3 videos from 2K16. Most of the concepts are still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »