Home

Devs started to change gameplay already through roster updates...

This is a discussion on Devs started to change gameplay already through roster updates... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2017, 02:11 PM   #17
Rookie

TalentedJB's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Devs started to change gameplay already through roster updates...

So, mods, this is a legitimate question, since my topic/post that's related to this was closed, can I post what i posted there, here? or will i be reprimanded/punished for doing so?

Serious question btw, I'm not trying at all to be disrespectful/insolent???

NCAA FB: Rutgers
NCAA BB: UCONN
NBA: Knicks
NFL: GIANTS.
MLB: Mets
Old 09-20-2017, 02:12 PM   #18
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MyPlayer Dunks are now easier, will gameplay keep changing?

I think this is being overblown. I am a 6'5" Playmaking Shot Creator PG with 77 dunking, and I pulled them off rarely on clear breakaways. Today, I've been 100% on three of them. I also witnessed two windmill posters in the same Pro-Am game. Nothing crazy, though...

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...

Last edited by wisdom less13; 09-20-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:15 PM   #19
Rookie

TalentedJB's Arena

Re: Devs started to change gameplay already through roster updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGMcFly
the update was really for people who has slashers mainly the point guard slashers, because like 95% of the time we was laying the ball up while holding turbo and get a dunk like once every 10 games

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
But according to Mike's tweet he didn't specify any arch, let alone a Slashing PG. I understand Mike personally spoke on it within the forums but according to that tweet, (HIS tweet btw) it means EVERY my player is going to benefit from the tune -- even one's who are already arguably overpowered at dunking...that's where the problem lies...and the effects of it going-foward in fixing the problems that these tunes create.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:17 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

You all are wrong on second page. I am sorry. A 6'5 player on a fast break with an open lane will dunk in the NBA if he wants. My player was not doing that. Simple as that. Crazy that people are upset about this. Maybe he should have you used a better choice of words in his tweet.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2017, 02:24 PM   #21
Rookie

I still can't dunk. This is a scam. They took away the possibility of seeing actual stats to scam players to make multiple 50 dollar players blindly. My first player has been gone since the game first 8 hours and now I grind up another my player and I find out the same build that was deleted, that could dunk, can't dunk now.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #22
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR3SH1
I still can't dunk. This is a scam. They took away the possibility of seeing actual stats to scam players to make multiple 50 dollar players blindly. My first player has been gone since the game first 8 hours and now I grind up another my player and I find out the same build that was deleted, that could dunk, can't dunk now.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Uh to see ya stats just go to the my minutes screen or maybe I'm just reading this wrong

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Last edited by swac07; 09-20-2017 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:31 PM   #23
Rookie

TalentedJB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryocoola31
You all are wrong on second page. I am sorry. A 6'5 player on a fast break with an open lane will dunk in the NBA if he wants. My player was not doing that. Simple as that. Crazy that people are upset about this. Maybe he should have you used a better choice of words in his tweet.

It's not the fix that i feel people are upset about (obviously the tune was warranted) it's the fact that according to MIKE WANG's OWN TWEET, it reads as if the tune was for MY PLAYERS in general. Even those who were already dunking on everyone/who were arguably doing so in an overpowering manner. That tune in itself sets a precedent for how problems that def need addressing (ala the Slashing Pg's being unable to dunk) will be handled...while also creating an additional problem as there's evidence already to support the claim that more than Slashing PG's benefited from the tune...with all that, we could be expecting another tune to address the latter issue, which in turn just hurts the game/balance of it all.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:44 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalentedJB
It's not the fix that i feel people are upset about (obviously the tune was warranted) it's the fact that according to MIKE WANG's OWN TWEET, it reads as if the tune was for MY PLAYERS in general. Even those who were already dunking on everyone/who were arguably doing so in an overpowering manner. That tune in itself sets a precedent for how problems that def need addressing (ala the Slashing Pg's being unable to dunk) will be handled...while also creating an additional problem as there's evidence already to support the claim that more than Slashing PG's benefited from the tune...with all that, we could be expecting another tune to address the latter issue, which in turn just hurts the game/balance of it all.
More than slashing pgs could not dunk. A lot of pg shot creators primaries and pgs in general could not dunk at all.

Most everyone complaining were mad anything was being changed reading replies. Who cares about those people who cant dunk for no reason is what i read. They suck that is why. Let's see how things are affected by the patch before we decide the sky is falling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »