Home

Devs started to change gameplay already through roster updates...

This is a discussion on Devs started to change gameplay already through roster updates... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2017, 04:34 PM   #33
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MyPlayer Dunks are now easier, will gameplay keep changing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR3SH1
I know that. But why allow someone to pay 20+ thousand VC for no reason. That's a scam. Your selling a car with a bad engine
It's not like that at all. Cars with bad engines don't run. 2k runs fine.

Also, this isn't technically a gameplay issue. It's a bug fix for MyPlayer's only. So people need to stop freaking out. The thread title probably isn't helping the matter though. One of the most misleading titles I've seen on here.

Last edited by BA2929; 09-20-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:28 PM   #34
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Devs started to change gameplay already through roster updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I read the thread, and 90% of the complaints were from people who created a PG under 6'5". Why don't people just admit that they want a Westbrook type player?
Neither of these things is related to the bug as explained by Mike. People complained there was an issue with dunking in MyPlayer - Mike himself investigated it and said explicitly that while dunking was nerfed intentionally this year, the pg position was overly screwed. Its a basic tweak that is focused and limited in impact.

As to why people create PG shorter then 6'5" it is because 2k penalizes adding height over 6'1" with decreases in agility and speed - which negates the slasher finisher advantages in the first place ... Perhaps 2k's insistence on calling 6'1" the average height of a PG is the reason, you think?

As to being a Westbrooke ... who knows?
Old 09-20-2017, 06:20 PM   #35
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MyPlayer Dunks are now easier, will gameplay keep changing?

This was a needed update. Now I hope much won't be changed now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 07:50 PM   #36
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHarden
The problem is casuals have the loudest voice. That YouTuber ipodkingcarter is a confessed casual after his last video yet they always take his advice and invite him to play the game early the guy is not good player nor has any knowledge of the game. He won't even touched 5v5 NBA teams because he would be outmatched by almost everyone
Exactly, they cater to clowns like this who dont really know much about basketball. Most of the YT vids Ive seen of NBA2k players, its obvious how incompetent they are in their basketball IQ. Yet its seems these are the guys, that the devs invite to get aearly look and test the game.

Honestly I wish they made 2 games, 1, actual NBA simulation basketball, and the other for the causal streetball, NBA jam fans. IMO there is no place for what is suppose to be a true simulation of basketball, to have any arcade, steetball, NBA jam BS in the game.
Obviously I know this will never happen, as it likley wouldnt be cost effective for them, but it sure would be nice, so actual hard core basketball fans, didnt have to deal with all the casuals. Unfortunately I think most of us hard core fans, are older guys, and there probably isnt enough of us, as we are a minority in likely all video games these days. Even MLBTS who use to be mostly us older guys, so there effort went into gameplay and franchise, but nowday its this fantasy MyTeam crap, an online crap, thats really hurting that game as well in improving what is important to the true fan.

I really hope they dont ruin the gameplay like they usually do each yr with updates, with it being better than its ever been. Other than lack of charges and fouls on 3pt attempts, the gameplay has been great. If they would fix these 2 issues, gameplay would be darn near perfect.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-20-2017, 08:01 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Exactly, they cater to clowns like this who dont really know much about basketball. Most of the YT vids Ive seen of NBA2k players, its obvious how incompetent they are in their basketball IQ. Yet its seems these are the guys, that the devs invite to get aearly look and test the game.

Honestly I wish they made 2 games, 1, actual NBA simulation basketball, and the other for the causal streetball, NBA jam fans. IMO there is no place for what is suppose to be a true simulation of basketball, to have any arcade, steetball, NBA jam BS in the game.
Obviously I know this will never happen, as it likley wouldnt be cost effective for them, but it sure would be nice, so actual hard core basketball fans, didnt have to deal with all the casuals. Unfortunately I think most of us hard core fans, are older guys, and there probably isnt enough of us, as we are a minority in likely all video games these days. Even MLBTS who use to be mostly us older guys, so there effort went into gameplay and franchise, but nowday its this fantasy MyTeam crap, an online crap, thats really hurting that game as well in improving what is important to the true fan.

I really hope they dont ruin the gameplay like they usually do each yr with updates, with it being better than its ever been. Other than lack of charges and fouls on 3pt attempts, the gameplay has been great. If they would fix these 2 issues, gameplay would be darn near perfect.
I made a rant about that many times..make a separate game for 19.99 catering to that crowd...can't make a SIM and all the other modes they don't mesh.

Sorry just feels as if we're being crapped on,on top of crapping on us,they VC us when it's really the silly people who want to buy socks and shoes and get virtual haircuts.. yes charge them NOT US.

We will gladly grind it..also if I wanted a haircut. .or a pair of shoes..hey make me play one on one against a star would WIN IT don't charge someone money for it...it just feels so wrong.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-20-2017, 08:30 PM   #38
Pro

dramachild11's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyrich
I made a rant about that many times..make a separate game for 19.99 catering to that crowd...can't make a SIM and all the other modes they don't mesh.

Sorry just feels as if we're being crapped on,on top of crapping on us,they VC us when it's really the silly people who want to buy socks and shoes and get virtual haircuts.. yes charge them NOT US.

We will gladly grind it..also if I wanted a haircut. .or a pair of shoes..hey make me play one on one against a star would WIN IT don't charge someone money for it...it just feels so wrong.

There are moments where I find myself wishing that there were no such thing as patches or tuning, growing up a game came out and it was play it as it is or tough ti**ie go play something else cause no amount of complaining or crying is gonna change it but times change and dollar signs rule everything so a game that is damn near perfect starts to get messed with 2 days after it comes out SMDH I get it though cause the fantasy aspect of this game is what took it to the next level for the company and made them more money.. but all that said they need to split this up and just make the mycareer myplayer park pro am crowd happy with their own individual game and make a game for us Sim heads and it will double their profit.. fundamentally it's the same game at the start but the moment patches an tuning come into play it just makes it unbearable for everyone involved as one glitch fix spawns another then another an then another ...
Old 09-20-2017, 08:50 PM   #39
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramachild11
There are moments where I find myself wishing that there were no such thing as patches or tuning, growing up a game came out and it was play it as it is or tough ti**ie go play something else cause no amount of complaining or crying is gonna change it but times change and dollar signs rule everything so a game that is damn near perfect starts to get messed with 2 days after it comes out SMDH I get it though cause the fantasy aspect of this game is what took it to the next level for the company and made them more money.. but all that said they need to split this up and just make the mycareer myplayer park pro am crowd happy with their own individual game and make a game for us Sim heads and it will double their profit.. fundamentally it's the same game at the start but the moment patches an tuning come into play it just makes it unbearable for everyone involved as one glitch fix spawns another then another an then another ...

There have been times I felt like this as well, but I remember those days, as majority of my gaming experience came before patches were ever a thing,lol.
I do think patches is a amazing feature, and its improved so many games, as I only play sports games. I remember buying games that were broke back in the Nintendo days, and up until about 10yrs ago, I didnt even have internet, so I was stuck with whatever the game was out of the box.

Problem is patches not only allow companies sometimes not to worry about putting out a unfinished product, but the patches at times have a negative impact in other areas, that end up causing more issues than they fixed.

Main issue with patches, is they listen to the wrong complainers, which are those who play online and the majority of onliners are casual fans of the sport, so they dont no much about how basketball is actually played.

They need to ignore the majority of onliners, and pay more attention to those who play MyLeague, and MyGM, and also I would say those who play the online MyLeague, as my guess is most of them are hard core fans of basketball.
Thats not to say everyone who makes YT vids and plays online is a casual newb, but majority of them are.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-20-2017, 08:50 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramachild11
Exactly they're tuning a whole game..when there's 2 sets of players SIM and online/park. .. changing it to satisfy the crowd that will pay more..isn't right..hard to say it's the truth..that's what they've done...

Look how great the game is imagine these last few years they didn't waste all that time with silly.. orange juice. .and storyline..this isn't a soap opera..I don't want a RPH. .I want a NBA SIM.

It's great to see many people are on board with two separate games..like you said probably MORE money for them also..59.99 for us Sims guys.,and 19.99 for the park/proam/neighborhood.

I swear once I saw neighborhood. .and Ronnie pushing it I swear I lost it..right after that event was over I went online here and posted how pissed I was ,thankfully jI didn't get banned and many agreed and wee outraged too.

I may NOT be the best player,but I want SIM SIM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »