Home

Mike Wang (@Beluba) & Devs are Already Tweaking Gameplay

This is a discussion on Mike Wang (@Beluba) & Devs are Already Tweaking Gameplay within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 01:34 PM   #1
Rookie

TalentedJB's Arena

OVR: 1
Mike Wang (@Beluba) & Devs are Already Tweaking Gameplay

So, according to this tweet:

******** async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

Gameplay is being tweaked after a barrage of complaints from Park players, Twitter users, etc.

Even though both Chris Manning (@LD2k) in a tweet:

******** async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

& Mike Wang during his "Run the Neighborhood" Periscope live stream (can't find it online), said (and I'm paraphrasing here) that there will be very few, or if any gameplay tweaks and patches -- the game shall remain as it is on launch.

And yet, according to the Mike Wang tweet this morning, we're already giving in to the complainers. SMH.

I understand completely that there's a problem with certain archetypes dunking (or not dunking) but are players looking towards their build? Their stamina when attempting dunks? Their animations equipped? My friend has a 6'9 Slasher/Playmaker and he was dunking all over the place in both Playgrounds & Walk On Proam. So, what's the difference between his arch/button input and that of those complaining?

Maybe it's something to do with individual players and not a general epidemic amongst my players? Why would the devs decide to make it "noticeably easier" for my players to dunk for all types? For ALL players?

Mind you for some positions, (ahem, big men) it is super easy to dunk n quite arguably over-powered. So what now? We have a general My Player fix for making dunking "easier", so now what happens to the players that were already dunking with ease????

All these tunes/tweaks are how the imbalance begins. Watch dunking become overpowered for bigs n Slashers...and that will inevitably demand another "tune" which would further the imbalance amongst players and within the gameplay, which will inevitably demand another tune, and another, and another, thus furthering the cycle.

Devs, I implore you to realize tunes/gameplay patches (EVEN 1) are literally the point of no return. They won't make things better. Especially for a community who wants NBA2k18 to stray as far away as possible from a SIM BBALL game. They won't stop til Slashers can hit 70% from 3 again, til EVERY ARCH can contact dunk, til greens come back as they were in NBA2k17.

PLEASSSSEE, Devs, don't give in! Remain steadfast!!!

K, rant done.

NCAA FB: Rutgers
NCAA BB: UCONN
NBA: Knicks
NFL: GIANTS.
MLB: Mets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 01:36 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Mike Wang (@Beluba) & Devs are Already Tweaking Gameplay

Dude, you need to educate yourself by reading the forum. There was an issue with slashers not being able to dunk. Mike actually acknowledged the issue, so it's not the twitterati getting their own way.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:37 PM   #3
Rookie

it was mainly for the point guard slashers ‘cause like 95% of the time we was doing layups in fast breaks wide open.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-20-2017, 01:39 PM   #4
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

just fix the frame rate issue.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:41 PM   #5
Rookie

TalentedJB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGMcFly
it was mainly for the point guard slashers ‘cause like 95% of the time we was doing layups in fast breaks wide open.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
But again, according to the tweet, it made it easier for EVERYONE ("my players" not a specific arch. Therein lies the problem bro.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 01:44 PM   #6
Rookie

TalentedJB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
Dude, you need to educate yourself by reading the forum. There was an issue with slashers not being able to dunk. Mike actually acknowledged the issue, so it's not the twitterati getting their own way.
I'm going by HIS tweet as the source. He didn't specify any archs in that tweet let alone PG Slashers. Sorry if in reading the tweet it sounds like ALL my players.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:47 PM   #7
Rookie

TalentedJB's Arena

Also, there's evidence that shows more than just Slasher PG's are benefiting from the tune. Ala small Sharps, etc.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:48 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalentedJB
I'm going by HIS tweet as the source. He didn't specify any archs in that tweet let alone PG Slashers. Sorry if in reading the tweet it sounds like ALL my players.
Fair do's, I was a bit sharp in my response so apologies.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »