Home

Official NBA 2k18 MyCareer Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k18 MyCareer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2017, 01:25 AM   #33
Rookie

tylorlenart's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2k18 MyCareer Thread

I have a 6'8'' Slashing Shot creator SF. I play for the Pelicans. I play on HOF and I must say even Davis and Cousins struggle in the paint. My teammates lay off people so much at the three point line and barely contest shots. Guys can have a poor 3 point game and feel like a sharp shooter. I've rage quit a lot so far, but i'm in January already. Signed with Jordan. Kind of wish I would have did Nike. Was thinking about putting on a nike shirt and getting my shoe contracted voided and seeing if I can get a Nike deal. I've heard shoe deals last for that season or so. So next year I could switch if I want.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:38 AM   #34
Rookie

Does anyone play for the Bucks? Having a lot of fun with my 7ft Playmaking Rebounder Center right now on the Knicks, but I'm looking ahead to next season. I think the Bucks would be fun to play for, but I'm wondering how the game translates Giannis's skillset. Is he as much of a beast in gameplay as he is in real life?
Old 09-22-2017, 01:46 AM   #35
Rookie

512fm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KMyGuy
Does anyone play for the Bucks? Having a lot of fun with my 7ft Playmaking Rebounder Center right now on the Knicks, but I'm looking ahead to next season. I think the Bucks would be fun to play for, but I'm wondering how the game translates Giannis's skillset. Is he as much of a beast in gameplay as he is in real life?
Im playing for the Bucks as a center and Giannis is amazing for me, last game he scored 28 points on like 9 shots (Im on superstar) so I would definitely recommend going there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 01:46 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:

I just finished my rookie season playing for the Bucks. It doesn't seem like he's aggressive enough because he only averaged 16pts this past season. All the tools are there for him. He just needs to shoot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-22-2017, 01:50 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Im a PG on the bucks, i play most games and he seems to defer too much to me. The games ive simmed he drops triple doubles and 30+ points every other game though.

As a team they are fun though, Thon Maker is money from 3 so the pick and pop is lethal haha
Old 09-22-2017, 03:05 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 512fm
Im playing for the Bucks as a center and Giannis is amazing for me, last game he scored 28 points on like 9 shots (Im on superstar) so I would definitely recommend going there.
That's good to hear! Do you find that he leaks out on the fast break a lot? If he does, I can't wait to throw a bunch of outlet passes to him
Old 09-22-2017, 05:23 AM   #39
Rookie

minwager's Arena

Can someone get a hold of a gameplay dev to speak on the shooting in this game?????

Every single "good" release is a brick. Every single one. It's at a point now where I see a good and instantly know it's not going in and start walking the other way. Slightly early/late seem to be going in almost every time.

I'm convinced there's a system in this game that bases your "excellent timings" on some unknown factor because I see plenty of non filled shot meter bars turn green on me and go in. This is the most random shooting has ever felt in a 2k game for me.

Actually I take the word random back, because my filled up shot meter "good" jumpshot likeliness of clanking the rim is anything but random.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:35 AM   #40
Rookie

My SG is basura, can't even shoot a j without getting bad shot selection.

I refuse to pay for VC so he's gonna stay that way

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »