Home

So glad to see three point shooting toned down...

This is a discussion on So glad to see three point shooting toned down... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Five Worst Gameplay Issues in MLB The Show 22
Tennis Manager 2022 Review - A Smash for Hardcore Tennis Fans
Draft Day Sports: Visual Upgrades Coming Later This Year
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2017, 01:21 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2017
So glad to see three point shooting toned down...

While this might change what with people getting badges and all, it is SUCH a relief to see that the park isn't just every single player bombing threes from half court. That's what 17 became, and it made park nearly unplayable, so thank you 2k!

Anyone else finding the same?
Lordash31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 01:24 PM   #2
MVP
 
ph33's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Re: So glad to see three point shooting toned down...

Oh I disagree...

Sharpshooters are just as OP if not even more than last year.

Pretty much still see a lot of dancing behind brick walls and launching from 30 feet.

So far what I've seen, a 30 foot 3 pointer is better than a semi-contested layup.

Even my player hits more 3s than I expect him to. And neither archetype I chose is a SS.
ph33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:40 PM   #3
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2017
Re: So glad to see three point shooting toned down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Oh I disagree...

Sharpshooters are just as OP if not even more than last year.

Pretty much still see a lot of dancing behind brick walls and launching from 30 feet.

So far what I've seen, a 30 foot 3 pointer is better than a semi-contested layup.

Even my player hits more 3s than I expect him to. And neither archetype I chose is a SS.


dude what do you expect...its a sharpshooter. Don't start this complaining bs about archteypes that you don't have.

LEARN TO PLAY DEFENSE. PUT A HAND UP. HOW HARD IS THAT??
BehindtheArc88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:40 PM   #4
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Re: So glad to see three point shooting toned down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordash31
While this might change what with people getting badges and all, it is SUCH a relief to see that the park isn't just every single player bombing threes from half court. That's what 17 became, and it made park nearly unplayable, so thank you 2k!

Anyone else finding the same?
remember the game just officially came out a few days ago. the exploit abusers havent had enough time yet to find the cheese. and most people havent had the time to boost their guys up to mid 90s and get those badges.

once that happens(lets see what the game looks like a month from now). make sure to post in his very thread.
splashmountain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:42 PM   #5
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2017
Re: So glad to see three point shooting toned down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Oh I disagree...

Sharpshooters are just as OP if not even more than last year.

Pretty much still see a lot of dancing behind brick walls and launching from 30 feet.

So far what I've seen, a 30 foot 3 pointer is better than a semi-contested layup.

Even my player hits more 3s than I expect him to. And neither archetype I chose is a SS.
Y'all want players to miss so yal can have more oppurtunities to score. That's why yall complain. folks who are actually good don't complain.

2k patch on shooting sliders last year COMPLETELY BROKE THE GAME!
So much so that only certain jumpshots could get green releases.

DO NOT CHANGE THE SHOOTING MIKE...

ENFORCE defense
BehindtheArc88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 01:43 PM   #6
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Re: So glad to see three point shooting toned down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindtheArc88
dude what do you expect...its a sharpshooter. Don't start this complaining bs about archteypes that you don't have.

LEARN TO PLAY DEFENSE. PUT A HAND UP. HOW HARD IS THAT??
he said the guys are dancing behind screeners and launching from 30 feet out. thats a long way. a sharp shooter is kyle korver or klay and at times curry. curry is a shooter scorer. but for some reason everyone ends up being curry knocking down darn near half court threes with ease. especially online the offense has the advantage when it comes to moving and shooting. the defenders slip and slide from left to right due to internet lag and a lot of animations to get the guy from one spot to another. not so with the sharp shooters on offense. they can dance back and forth with ease. dont add that brick wall friend in there too. the defense is toast. lol.

sharp shooters should be wet when wide open. and should occasionally hit big shots in peoples faces. they should not be able to constantly dance with the ball and hit 3's.
splashmountain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:45 PM   #7
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2017
Re: So glad to see three point shooting toned down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
he said the guys are dancing behind screeners and launching from 30 feet out. thats a long way. a sharp shooter is kyle korver or klay and at times curry. curry is a shooter scorer. but for some reason everyone ends up being curry knocking down darn near half court threes with ease. especially online the offense has the advantage when it comes to moving and shooting. the defenders slip and slide from left to right due to internet lag and a lot of animations to get the guy from one spot to another. not so with the sharp shooters on offense. they can dance back and forth with ease. dont add that brick wall friend in there too. the defense is toast. lol.

sharp shooters should be wet when wide open. and should occasionally hit big shots in peoples faces. they should not be able to constantly dance with the ball and hit 3's.

DUDE ITS THE PARK!!!!! OMG what you expect?? Stop complaining and get a job, a girlfriend or something man.
BehindtheArc88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:47 PM   #8
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Re: So glad to see three point shooting toned down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindtheArc88
Y'all want players to miss so yal can have more oppurtunities to score. That's why yall complain. folks who are actually good don't complain.

2k patch on shooting sliders last year COMPLETELY BROKE THE GAME!
So much so that only certain jumpshots could get green releases.

DO NOT CHANGE THE SHOOTING MIKE...

ENFORCE defense
to say enforce defense you have to give the defenders better lateral movement. not the ice skating that guys are doing online. and no you should not have to create a lock down defender in order to stay in front of a sharpshooter thats not also a playmaker. kyle korver aint shaking nobody off the bounce. stop it. you dont need to be Kawhi or tony allen to get up in korver in real life. therefore you shouldnt need these super defenders to get up on korver on 2k. but these kover sharps are dancing with the ball and with great movement can get open easy. If thats the case turn that lateral movement up for perimeter players even non defender archetypes. I want to see how much fun it would be for these sharps if we could really play serious defense on them. they would cry to Mike about the 3's not going in. knowing good and well people in real life not named curry can't dribble side to side like that while being defended and hit consistently from 3.
splashmountain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 AM.

Top -