Home

Not Sure If This Was Posted Here Already But Devs, Please See This!

This is a discussion on Not Sure If This Was Posted Here Already But Devs, Please See This! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2017, 06:30 PM   #1
Rookie

TalentedJB's Arena

OVR: 1
Not Sure If This Was Posted Here Already But Devs, Please See This!

I know most guys on the thread here are My League and/or offline players, so this might not pertain to y'all but I've been made aware of a potential hiccup in the archetype system for My Players (of course how it effects gameplay: Park, ProAm, etc.).

So, when you're building/selecting your player (any arch btw) when one arrives at the weight selection screen, there isn't much contemplating that needs to be done. Apparently, choosing between max weight vs. minimum weight is a no-brainer -- one should choose the max weight everytime! This is because there's practically no difference (penalty?) btw the 2 in relation to speed, acceleration, and lateral quickness.

Here in DatBoi's video is one example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0IQOLRCPEA

He makes the same arch twice, the only difference in the two is the weight and the one with the Max weight, is only losing a -1 rating in Speed, Acceleration and in Lat. Quickness!!

This is a game changer in terms of Park/ProAM gameplay as many of y'all know from playing 'Play Now' and league, speed kills! So why not give less weighted players the speed advantage while giving the heavier players strength!?!?!

Under this current system, the heavier players are virtually unaffected by being 40lbs heavier AND A HUGGGE ADDITIONALLY (no pun intended), the heavier players get the advantage of around a 5-14 point increase in the Strength rating category, which many of you all know, is also a big difference this year.

All this can cause MAJOR gameplay imbalance. Trying to point this out to Devs now in hopes that they can see this and maybe address/fix/patch this???

And if not, maybe i'm hoping they give us a reason why the weight system was designed in this manner?

Though I'm hoping it's the former tbh, as this in itself has a major impact on gameplay, and im hoping this is patched/fixed before the Pro-Am Tourney starts up.

There are already players taking advantage of this oversight (or maybe it was an intentional design? who knows? light shed would be nice) as I myself, am planning on making a new player just to be able to compete.

But yea, that's all good people of OS, here's to hoping this can be addressed.

OneLOVE!

NCAA FB: Rutgers
NCAA BB: UCONN
NBA: Knicks
NFL: GIANTS.
MLB: Mets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 08:11 PM   #2
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Not Sure If This Was Posted Here Already But Devs, Please See This!

I agree there needs to be more caution to adding weight.

There also seems to be no negative side affects for maxing out your wingspan. Or rather the positives far outweigh the negatives when it comes to wingspan.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:29 PM   #3
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Not Sure If This Was Posted Here Already But Devs, Please See This!

I mentioned this same point in another thread. The Power Forward position is basically useless(Unless you make him 7"3 max wingspan), Under 7ft 3 bigs are useless, Non-Max wingspan bigs are useless. This system leads to one inevitable outcome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »