Home

NBA 2K18 Innaccurate player tendencies and badges

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Innaccurate player tendencies and badges within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2017, 04:30 AM   #25
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K18 Innaccurate player tendencies and badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacD
That's the sort of feedback I was hoping for. At first glance, without looking up stats your list sounds very sound. Some of those badges seem like obvious choices.
Check my signature, there's all kinds of stuff in there I think you'll find to your liking. 100% stat-driven. I'm going to be looking to add a few more badges in there soon.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 06:01 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
Check my signature, there's all kinds of stuff in there I think you'll find to your liking. 100% stat-driven. I'm going to be looking to add a few more badges in there soon.
First of all, big props to you and all the people that helped you with it (I assume there where some?). Must've taken a lot of work.

I've skimmed through it couple of days ago, but I have to say the only thing that would potentially stop me from using a roster like that is the fact that I'm of the "Advanced stats + eye test" school of thought.

I think most would agree that advanced stats, while informative are not perfect (especially when it comes to defense).

If I am correct, I've seen Avery Bradley in your sheet missing a defensive stopper badge and that'd make sense since the advance stats don't like him that much. Most would agree though (players and nba junkies alike) that he's one of the best peremiter defenders in the league, yet somehow his defense doesn't translate that well.

Same goes for Kwahi, there was a time last season when experts where trying to explain how is it possible that he ranks so low in some defensive stats, even though we're all aware of his impact on that end of the court.

That's why I kinda like the 2K approach, flawed as it may be, I just hope they can tinker with some of the innacurate or missing badges.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:31 AM   #27
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Man I'm jus concerned with editing the rosters now and weeks or months later a roster update with all new tendencies, badges and attributes update and everything has to be undone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2017, 09:36 AM   #28
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
Man I'm jus concerned with editing the rosters now and weeks or months later a roster update with all new tendencies, badges and attributes update and everything has to be undone

One of the drawbacks for the game releasing so early before the season starts...
Old 09-25-2017, 09:43 AM   #29
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76;
One of the drawbacks for the game releasing so early before the season starts...

Thats why I havent gotten the game yet! Lol

Old 09-28-2017, 11:16 PM   #30
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Im just going through rosters now and there are some inaccuracies. There are plenty of new ranges, so Im using outliers (e.g. Curry) to assess the rest of the league.

There is still some overlap in tendencies. For example, Ive given Dwight Howard a 0 mid range shot tendency but he has a 75 offscreen mid range shot tendency by default. Not sure how these interact. Or even if they will (they wont be calling his number on that play.

I wish they'd get rid of the mid range left/right/middle stuff. There are too many tendencies and Im sure these have minimal effect.

I love the different context tendecies of shooting. Brilliant.

Also choosing the rate a player will iso against elite/good/average/and poor defenders is great.

Oh and that play discipline slider. This is why JR Smith takes bad shots in game. Very nice.

Ive noticed the transition spot up vs cut to the hoop is a bit off. Bigs who like to run to the arc all have a 0 which is what rim runners like Ty Chandler have. Im giving that a fix.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:38 PM   #31
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Im just going through rosters now and there are some inaccuracies. There are plenty of new ranges, so Im using outliers (e.g. Curry) to assess the rest of the league.

There is still some overlap in tendencies. For example, Ive given Dwight Howard a 0 mid range shot tendency but he has a 75 offscreen mid range shot tendency by default. Not sure how these interact. Or even if they will (they wont be calling his number on that play.

I wish they'd get rid of the mid range left/right/middle stuff. There are too many tendencies and Im sure these have minimal effect.

I love the different context tendecies of shooting. Brilliant.

Also choosing the rate a player will iso against elite/good/average/and poor defenders is great.

Oh and that play discipline slider. This is why JR Smith takes bad shots in game. Very nice.

Ive noticed the transition spot up vs cut to the hoop is a bit off. Bigs who like to run to the arc all have a 0 which is what rim runners like Ty Chandler have. Im giving that a fix.
I don’t think play discipline affects how good of shots a player takes, because Michael Jordan has a play discipline of 0 and most of the legends on All-Time / Classic rosters have very low play discipline tendencies.

I think it just determines how likely a player is to follow the play they’re given. Obviously JR Smith is a very confident man and insists on not following plays in order to score lol. Same with Jordan. He wasn’t someone that ran plays to death in order to score
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 01:29 AM   #32
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
They're for the shot charts in sim stats for MyLeague only, and they work very well for that purpose. So why get rid of something that's working?

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »