Home

Shammy Wells WTF!!!

This is a discussion on Shammy Wells WTF!!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2017, 01:43 PM   #41
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Shammy Wells WTF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhere
Yeah and he went undrafted and is a virtual unknown. So? What's the point? I repeat... nobody under 30 remembers Shammgod and nobody knows his son. Why even pay hommage to the dude? Is it that hard to get someone to do the voice over for some older vet on a team?

Hey maybe the guy in charge of MyCareer was a fan of Baby Sham from Flipmode Squad w/Busta Rhymez. The possibilities are endless.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 01:51 PM   #42
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyrich
While fictional,it's MY CAREER..you're being DRAFTED..big difference bringing back a fictional character from a previous iteration.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Operation Sports mobile app

Actually, you’re not even drafted this year. You don’t even enter the draft. A random scout from a team you pick watches you play in a street game and decides to give you a tryout, which you seemingly can’t fail at.

That’s my biggest gripe; I like the randomness of the draft and not knowing what team will pick me. But now it’s whatever team you want to be in because there is no draft. Every story is identical regardless of position, size, skill set, etc.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Actually, you’re not even drafted this year. You don’t even enter the draft. A random scout from a team you pick watches you play in a street game and decides to give you a tryout, which you seemingly can’t fail at.

That’s my biggest gripe; I like the randomness of the draft and not knowing what team will pick me. But now it’s whatever team you want to be in because there is no draft. Every story is identical regardless of position, size, skill set, etc.

Lol this keeps getting funnier..are they trying to become a soap opera? They gave us some H.S basketball like a few minutes,then a few college games that well..weren't a ton but at least they tried to make it feel you are being DRAFTED even though it's scripted.

I'd prefer that over being seen in the street or a park and then suddenly getting playing in the or 10 day contract into the NBA..or however they throw a player into the game. The whole draft is now NULL.. could of sworn it said NBA ..that's not how the NBA works..

They way 2k is going..you might not even need to NBA license anymore (sarcasm).

I mean in reality yes that game is a GAME and it is fictional but you want it TRY to be as realistic as possible to draw NBA lovers and basketball lovers in.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-23-2017, 03:27 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thank god for My League player lock.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:42 PM   #45
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Shammy Wells WTF!!!

Y'all getting me hot dissing my guy Shammy Wells like this lol. That's my vet.

He reminds me of JR Smith. He has no conscious with the shot selection but he's wet. He honestly might be my favorite teammate. I wasn't really feeling Justice but Denver was my guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 09-27-2017 at 06:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 04:49 PM   #46
Rookie

hyretic's Arena

I like Shammy, and I think adding a fictional guy on your team is an understandable decision from a story perspective. I just wish they didn't make him so good. 75 overall and he's averaging 26 points per 36, and he's not even a starter (for the Nets!). Also weird decisions making him 23 years old in his fourth year when there's all this talk about him being a vet.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:43 PM   #47
Rookie

The cutscenes with him are annoying and irritating, actually every cutscene is irritating and annoying lol. But on the court he is gold to get assists with, just pass him the ball and hes gonna make the shot and get you an easy assist
Old 09-23-2017, 10:21 PM   #48
Rookie

My Shammy can't hit **** when I pass him the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »