Home

#Realism Another year, more promises and disappointments

This is a discussion on #Realism Another year, more promises and disappointments within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2017, 05:30 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: #Realism Another year, more promises and disappointments

There is no defense vs OP big man finishers down low. There should be SOME freakin defense. The only defense is double team, it's ridiculous. If you reach it's an auto-foul, if you body them up it doesn't even matter, they'll poster your face. Why the hell would a patch be made to make dunking EASIER when it's already OP. Noobs win again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 06:11 AM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith01
There is no defense vs OP big man finishers down low. There should be SOME freakin defense. The only defense is double team, it's ridiculous. If you reach it's an auto-foul, if you body them up it doesn't even matter, they'll poster your face. Why the hell would a patch be made to make dunking EASIER when it's already OP. Noobs win again.
anybody know if making a paint protector or some kind of build with defense in it actually helps with this? i'm getting dunked on constantly even when i'm in position and it's by different kinds of builds
Old 09-25-2017, 06:45 AM   #43
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4

Can a mod edit this title to Mypark, Pro Am realism?? Im thinking this was about PNO or offline.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:34 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 10

Bear in mind, some of us played before... if not before online existed, before many people actually did it. Some of us played before 5 on 5 modes were a thing as well.

So, it's better to consider 'us' as offline sim players who moved onto another mode because... I don't know how anyone can make the argument that offline is better than 5 v 5 online. haha. You can say bad players, true, but then get good players. You have to have played a game against the people who are really good and don't exploit (they exist and they will bust your ***) and the people who are really good and do exploit (they are obviously better than the former.)

You have to see what the one brand of basketball looks like then see the second and say, is it really an 'artificial patch forcing people to play sim' if they make it so that what the second group is doing doesn't work anymore? If they find new exploits (exploits happen in every game) patch them, too.

Remember when you could just sit under the rim in park, setting a pick for as long as you wanted to, then jump and grab the board? Those are the kind of 'imbalances' and 'exploits' that make their way into 2k, basically nullifying every other play style at the highest level. That's why stage (that and getting kicked from the games and losing your vc) was unbearable for me.

It's like, I had a lot of fun playing 2k7 on ps2. I was like o ya I'm a beast; I'm in the top 100. I was if not beating the best people playing them close, then I met the guy who would throw full court passes to T-Mac and dunk every time, all while having Yao and Mutombo in at bigs. Maybe I could have adjusted and eventually won, I didn't lose badly, but... it's true people will do whatever they can do to win, but that sort of stuff shouldn't even be an option.

Patching that sort of stuff is good for the game. It will make it more fun for everyone.

Keep in mind, people who are saying they want the game to be more realistic are likely asking for it to be much harder... how can that be whining?

-Smak
Old 09-28-2017, 11:42 PM   #45
Rookie

I was hoping for big changes for 18, but when you peel it back, there's really not much that is good about this game. I don't play mycareer and I can't imagine how bad that is. It really starts with the complete lack of awareness of the defense to stop turbo spam off inbounds (legacy issue that is game breaking online). This year is the worst by far. Basically, if you intend to run a half court offense forget this game; your opponent will just stand in the paint while you try to score against the CPU. In years past, you could be quite effective if you actually tried to run an offense. Not this year. After 16, it's been a slow and definite decline. Pretty cool additions to the movement system, but at the end of the day this game is terrible. Graphically better than Live, but as far as simulation, they're basically the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 12:26 AM   #46
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemist2720
I was hoping for big changes for 18, but when you peel it back, there's really not much that is good about this game. I don't play mycareer and I can't imagine how bad that is. It really starts with the complete lack of awareness of the defense to stop turbo spam off inbounds (legacy issue that is game breaking online). This year is the worst by far. Basically, if you intend to run a half court offense forget this game; your opponent will just stand in the paint while you try to score against the CPU. In years past, you could be quite effective if you actually tried to run an offense. Not this year. After 16, it's been a slow and definite decline. Pretty cool additions to the movement system, but at the end of the day this game is terrible. Graphically better than Live, but as far as simulation, they're basically the same.
I agree at times and disagree at times.

There really is beauty to be found in this game. It's just hidden by some fixable but glaring issues.

Sent from my 831C using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-29-2017, 12:38 AM   #47
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Sports gaming is dead

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2017, 02:38 AM   #48
Rookie

HeatLifer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Bear in mind, some of us played before... if not before online existed, before many people actually did it. Some of us played before 5 on 5 modes were a thing as well.

So, it's better to consider 'us' as offline sim players who moved onto another mode because... I don't know how anyone can make the argument that offline is better than 5 v 5 online. haha. You can say bad players, true, but then get good players. You have to have played a game against the people who are really good and don't exploit (they exist and they will bust your ***) and the people who are really good and do exploit (they are obviously better than the former.)

You have to see what the one brand of basketball looks like then see the second and say, is it really an 'artificial patch forcing people to play sim' if they make it so that what the second group is doing doesn't work anymore? If they find new exploits (exploits happen in every game) patch them, too.

Remember when you could just sit under the rim in park, setting a pick for as long as you wanted to, then jump and grab the board? Those are the kind of 'imbalances' and 'exploits' that make their way into 2k, basically nullifying every other play style at the highest level. That's why stage (that and getting kicked from the games and losing your vc) was unbearable for me.

It's like, I had a lot of fun playing 2k7 on ps2. I was like o ya I'm a beast; I'm in the top 100. I was if not beating the best people playing them close, then I met the guy who would throw full court passes to T-Mac and dunk every time, all while having Yao and Mutombo in at bigs. Maybe I could have adjusted and eventually won, I didn't lose badly, but... it's true people will do whatever they can do to win, but that sort of stuff shouldn't even be an option.

Patching that sort of stuff is good for the game. It will make it more fun for everyone.

Keep in mind, people who are saying they want the game to be more realistic are likely asking for it to be much harder... how can that be whining?

-Smak
Offline > online for realism. And if realistic is what people want I'm all for it, but the devs need to stick by their guns and not change anything major for a full cycle to understand what is truly needed, as opposed to people not adjusting to what's actually implemented.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »