Home

#Realism Another year, more promises and disappointments

This is a discussion on #Realism Another year, more promises and disappointments within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2017, 07:15 PM   #57
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: #Realism Another year, more promises and disappointments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csmooove32
I know most of you guys are offline gamers, I’m a big myleague guy myself but let’s be honest this game wouldn’t sell if it wasn’t for online. It’s 2017 not 2007 we should be able to get sim style play in online modes period.
Thats very true, if there was no online, they wouldnt have made the advancements that the game has made over the past several yrs, because they wouldnt have had the financial means to do it.

Im a offline only guy who only cares about the Association, nothing else, matter of fact I only play MyLeague, but if MyGm, ever becomes good with CPU controlled teams being smarter and not this stupid story line forced upon you, atleast gives us a few different stories, rather than 1 forced upon you, then I would play that mode as well as MyLeague.

Regardless whether you a offline or online player, you should be able to get a realistic simulation of basketball. As I said in a previous post, unless your playing with guys who understand the game of basketball online, your going to get those who will look for any type of exploit/flaw in the game to cheat people unfortunately, rather than looking for weaknesses in their opponent to exploit to beat them that you would do IRL as a player or coach. Not sure the devs will ever be able to fully stop this altogether.

In many ways the introduction of online play has improved the game greatly, but in some ways its also hurt the game for offline players, because I think devs tend to cater a little to much towards the crybabies online, and why we dont see more realistic turnovers and fouls, because if they did, so many onliners would be crying that the game is broke, when its actually they just suck and have low basketball IQ's, and why there players are fouling out and turning the ball over constantly.

Thats where I have the most trouble with the devs, not making it realistic in those 2 areas. My feeling is, seperate the 2 then, and make fouls slider adjustment have more impact. Also improve the non steal turnovers, as on average IRL teams average anywhere from around 12-18 turnovers, and you will see teams have game were they turn it over 28+ times, that practically impossible unless the most of them are steals that is.

The devs do have a hard job of trying to please both online and offline, the casual/clueless fans, and the hardcore fans of both online and offline. If they just catered to 1 group they likley wouldnt make enough money to make a game, or a good game anyway, so I feel for them, because sometimes they get cursed at, and called some awful things that are uncalled for, as I know they are trying and wanting to make a good game for everyone to enjoy no matter whether your online,offline, casual or hardcore fans.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-30-2017, 09:17 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csmooove32
I know most of you guys are offline gamers, I’m a big myleague guy myself but let’s be honest this game wouldn’t sell if it wasn’t for online. It’s 2017 not 2007 we should be able to get sim style play in online modes period.
to piggyback off my last statement. that' the thing about on line. You have to find the like minded individuals to appreciate the game in its beauty. its like that for team based shooters also.

just like in real life, a dominate selfish scorer at playground, or a scrub who knows nothing about basketball can ruin the entire experience.

there is no way around this, its a luck of the draw. Im not an online 2k gamer, but 2k could flesh out their on line game play by providing users with analytics of other players. they could even go a step further and separate type users by those same analytical parameters, but that would most likely be a huge investment with no ROI (return on investment). so it wont happen in the near future
Old 09-30-2017, 09:33 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've played a few Pro-Am games within the past few years on 2k. I'm not the best at it, but I just play as a good teammate. I don't do all the unnecessary stuff.

I hate people that spam and ballhog.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »