Home

The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year...

This is a discussion on The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #17
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year...

Can't you post things like these into Bugs & Glitches thead, i am avoiding the general 2k forum because of things like these, things i would never notice but when i do i can't unsee it, i wanted to go to rosters forum but when i saw this title i just had to open it, now i catch myself looking and trying to see if there was clipping on the drive/play or not etc, i am enjoying the new driving system, last year's was really bad, you say they should've been "pushed back", you know that that's a foul, you play defense with your feet not arms...
Old 09-24-2017, 02:41 PM   #18
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Re: The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweemwee

And any time in any of the clips where someone got past they should have been pushed back.

That is how past 2k games have handled that, and it was frustrating and unrealistic. If anything, the examples you posted should result in a foul, not a player being unrealistically stopped in his tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-24-2017, 02:49 PM   #19
Banned

I don't mean pushed back with your arms lol, I mean pushed back as in moved backwards. British terminology, sorry.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:50 PM   #20
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

I watched the first five seconds of each clip, and first thought was...."Why the hell are you hugged up on the man that close anyways???".

If that was a human defender, then it's your fault. If it was an AI defender, I would try to figure out why they're playing "smother" defense.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:03 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I watched the first five seconds of each clip, and first thought was...."Why the hell are you hugged up on the man that close anyways???".

If that was a human defender, then it's your fault. If it was an AI defender, I would try to figure out why they're playing "smother" defense.
Sorry I don't understand this post. How could it my fault that it's clipping. I don't understand how this post relates to clipping?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2017, 03:06 PM   #22
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweemwee
Sorry I don't understand this post. How could it my fault that it's clipping. I don't understand how this post relates to clipping?
The clipping is just a symptom of the real issue. You're playing to close to the ball handler. IRL, the less space a defender has to react to the offensive player, the easier it becomes to get by said defensive player.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:07 PM   #23
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

I get what you're trying to show, but instead just try showing how it affects regular gameplay rather than super zoomed in replays. I find it disorienting and hard to tell what exactly is going on when all I can see is two people
Old 09-24-2017, 03:10 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
The clipping is just a symptom of the real issue. You're playing to close to the ball handler. IRL, the less space a defender has to react to the offensive player, the easier it becomes to get by said defensive player.
Um...im not complaining at being able to get past, I'm saying that people are going through people's bodies rather than the defender having any effect on the ball handler...

So you're saying I should stay away from people and not approach them for fear of clipping? I'm not getting your point here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »