Home

The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year...

This is a discussion on The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2017, 10:26 AM   #65
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
I find it interesting that so many people are ok with this. I actually like the gameplay this year myself so I can understand. But then I think, what if this was NBA live and there were multiple videos of how players are completely morphing through each other. I bet many of the people excusing it on 2k would be quick to call Live a joke, terrible, and needs to just stop making games. Even though this year's Live is a game that absolutely gets the 1on1 dribble drive game right.
NBA Live more than likely has clipping too. For the record, I think most people consider NBA Live 18 a solid effort. I was planning on buying it myself, but then 2K Sports dropped the announcements about All-Time and Classic Teams which included the Pacers. Then I played the Prelude....Christ, this new motion engine is fire.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 11:09 AM   #66
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
I find it interesting that so many people are ok with this. I actually like the gameplay this year myself so I can understand. But then I think, what if this was NBA live and there were multiple videos of how players are completely morphing through each other. I bet many of the people excusing it on 2k would be quick to call Live a joke, terrible, and needs to just stop making games. Even though this year's Live is a game that absolutely gets the 1on1 dribble drive game right.
It's not much different from what Live fans put up with in the name of 'trusting the process'....but that's a Live forum discussion...
Old 09-25-2017, 01:51 PM   #67
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Clipping isn't why it's easier to drive on certain defenders. Its because they designed it that way to better reflect real life. You'll see more hip riding instead of the bumping like last year.

The better the defender the harder it is to drive. Trying driving on Kawhi, Kcp or DeMarre Carroll youll get bumped and cut off alot more.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-25-2017, 05:51 PM   #68
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
These are just random inconsequential videos of clipping...its ugly, yes.but it doesn't really show us how 'game breaking' the driving is supposed to be...

We didn't even get to see how these possesions ended..
What's good bro, I was trying to message u directly but my phone wouldn't give me the option to do it. I wanted to ask you if u could make a "OPPOSING CPU AI PROBLEMS" thread. I'm not yet allowed to make threads and it seems like nobody else gives a damn lol. The CPU NEVER shoots contested jumpers off the dribble, NEVER shoots jumpers from triple threat, NEVER just stop and pop when they get open off the dribble (they always float forward to a low percentage *** shot), and they will shoot that garbage floating 2 handed jumper on fastbreaks with only 1 man in front of them. It makes playing the CPU feel so trash smh and it's something Live does much better unfortunately.

A stickied thread could show devs exactly what needs to be done about these issues. Thanks in advance if you look out for me bro.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:09 PM   #69
Rookie

So far, I really like it. Last year I felt I needed a screen or spin move to beat perimeter D. Now I can call an iso, have one side of the court to just me and my defender. I still gotta have the right attributes and an okay matchup - speed/acceleration, handling, strength etc I'm not likely to pull this off with my 71 rated bench player. The other defenders see the iso play and react - they drop off their man slightly and collapse the defense. If I beat my defender, help defense will likely arrive and I get to make a decision - pull up in mid-range, floater, try to dunk/lay-up in traffic, find an open man, back out and reset. But I love that aspect of decision making.

I find middle pick and rolls less effective this year - last year I felt a really good chance of hitting the roll man and getting easy dunks. This year people hang back or help defenders contest, so there's a trade off. But I like it overall.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:48 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Clipping isn't why it's easier to drive on certain defenders. Its because they designed it that way to better reflect real life.
Could be, but I think it's a simple increase/decrease trigger action "cylinder", or body-up-whatever. It evident that arms/legs doesn't count anyway.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:58 PM   #71
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooperport
Could be, but I think it's a simple increase/decrease trigger action "cylinder", or body-up-whatever. It evident that arms/legs doesn't count anyway.
Maybe next year. Sometimes you see nice physics and sometimes you see the clipping.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 06:01 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Maybe next year. Sometimes you see nice physics and sometimes you see the clipping.
This is just the way it works, I guess. I don't think they will rewrite their engine as long as they don't have any serious competition. I understand that they've sacrificed some "real physics" to make it more fun, and I'm ok with that. It's still just success/failure-driven animations. The core gameplay, while not necessarily that much better (they still haven't addressed its legacy issues), is MUCH more fun this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »