Home

Is there a reason 2k can't save controller settings?

This is a discussion on Is there a reason 2k can't save controller settings? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2022, 08:57 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Is there a reason 2k can't save controller settings?

Took me like 15-20 games before my camera setting was saved on 2k21 ,every time I started a Mynba game it was on Rails cam and not broadcast.
Really weird

Xbox :ettnollbajen
Old 05-25-2022, 10:54 PM   #50
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
8 years is exactly when we first got to the PS4 era, btw.
Lol I guess I hadn't noticed.
Old 05-31-2022, 02:43 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I know I'm late to the party but I had to ask this.

I bought 2k22 on switch not long ago and my controller settings wouldn't save. The game has been out for a long time so I was shocked it hadn't been fixed yet but being it was the Switch maybe patch support was an afterthought like a lot of of other games on that platform.

I was looking for a solution on the internet and ran in to a thread on Reddit that a couple users had narrowed the problem down to the internet provider they were using. That made zero sense to me. Why would an internet provider have anything to do with controller settings not saving? They were pretty convinced and adamant about it being the problem in that thread but no one could explain it. I thought it was nonsense to be honest.

So fast forward a few weeks and I head up to my summer place for the weekend and my controller settings saved every time. EVERY TIME. I get home Monday and fire up my switch and the settings had reverted back to default. My internet at my cabin is a different provider. WTF?

So either that's a massive coincidence or the internet provider theory is legit. My mind is kind of blown and I simply can't wrap my head around why that would possibly be.

I would absolutely love any insight from anyone who knows anything about why that might be so maybe I can fix this on my home network.

This is super interesting, because I can only remember this being a problem for me in the most recent 2 titles even though I've been playing 2k for over a decade.

Back home I was using xfinity and never had any controller setting problems, whereas now I'm on optimum and i have to fix the controller settings every 5 or so games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2022, 10:11 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 5

For 2k19, J noticed that the settings saved once the servers were no longer online (yes, I still play 2k19). So it makes me wonder if it’s tied to being connected to the servers..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2022, 10:38 PM   #53
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhitsrandy
This is super interesting, because I can only remember this being a problem for me in the most recent 2 titles even though I've been playing 2k for over a decade.

Back home I was using xfinity and never had any controller setting problems, whereas now I'm on optimum and i have to fix the controller settings every 5 or so games.
Ya man. Im positive its connected.

Was just at my cabin again this last weekend and same thing. Saved all weekend. Get home yesterday and have to redo the settings everytime I turn on 2k. I just wish I knew why and then maybe it could be a router setting or something that could be fixed.
Old 11-04-2022, 07:37 AM   #54
Rookie

this is still happening in 2k3!!! so annoying
Old 11-04-2022, 06:54 PM   #55
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

It's jumpshots and park animations as well for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2022, 05:54 PM   #56
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Is there a reason 2k can't save controller settings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Ya man. Im positive its connected.

Was just at my cabin again this last weekend and same thing. Saved all weekend. Get home yesterday and have to redo the settings everytime I turn on 2k. I just wish I knew why and then maybe it could be a router setting or something that could be fixed.

I lose all my controller settings daily too. All modes are affected. I turn on eagle screech for my perfect release sound, who to guard is turned OFF, and I have on real FG% and shot meter off. The next time I turn on all the game I have to go into the settings all over again to put them all back. I think it’s just somehow going to defaults.

It’s quite obnoxious. The main game settings and sliders don’t seem affected by the glitch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »