Home

NBA 2K18: The Best Playing Game In 2K's History

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18: The Best Playing Game In 2K's History within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2017, 12:08 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K18: The Best Playing Game In 2K's History

Personally, this feels the best it ever has because the difficulty against the cpu doesn't feel...artificial for lack of a better word. It feels like a competitive match based on the ratings and your level of skill, not because the cpu has a cheesy advantage.

I've had games where I caught fire and could pull up over defenders the same way the cpu does (and real life players for that matter) other times it was a defensive struggle, but at no point do I feel the game itself rubber banding or giving the cpu a decided advantage even on HoF, and that's priceless....
Old 09-27-2017, 06:09 AM   #58
Rookie

Windernw's Arena

OVR: 7
I think I've finished maybe 1 or 2 games out of the 20 or more that I've started because of the garbage layups and the AI defense. Some parts of the game are better or improved, but these flaws drag the whole game down.*
I'm not going to pretend like I'm some kind of 2k expert or anything, but I didn't have any trouble enjoying last years game and these errors are killing the experience this year.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:31 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm still extremely disappointed in the foot-planting and phasing that we see in 2K18. These need to be worked on.

I'm seeing players drag their foot and "ice skate" instead of running. It's like their shoes don't have grip at all. Just slipping and sliding.

You also see balls and arms phasing through whole bodies, heads, hands (during a supposed block). I've seen whole players go through one another in the post during drop-steps.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:09 AM   #60
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
fakeassc* The lack of foot planting is probably my biggest gripe with 2k, other than the absolutely shameless VC cash grabbing.* I actually heard some guy bashing Live the other day for the footwork aspect and the weighted feel of the players, but I think that's groundbreaking stuff.*
Don't get me wrong, I like 2k and I'm having fun with the game.* The depth of control and the fluidity of the player motion is something special. That said, it just feels like guys are skating and sliding everywhere, to the point where I feel the defense is not emphasized enough.* It just isn't really fun guarding the ball, especially when you can play epic D and still have a green release in your face.* Just feels unbalanced towards the offense.* Doesn't help that the defensive AI is still pretty flawed, and I'm somewhat frequently having my teammates get inexplicably lost and leave shooters wide open, regardless of my settings.* The switching seems to be an issue anytime there's a pack of players close together on the court.
I also find there to be a tiny bit of latency sometimes while dribbling, presumably animation related.* It just doesn't feel as responsive as I'd like, and there are times where I see RS inputs go completely ignored.* I'll do a quick flick coming up the court and literally nothing happens.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:59 AM   #61
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Yes! This bothers me more than it should....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
It really serves no purpose. I hope they patch this out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 12:59 PM   #62
Pro

The patches are far from over tbh. This can turn around as quick as 2k17 did.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:01 PM   #63
Rookie

It's just not as fun as the other 2ks tbh. Feels weird. Can't really put my finger on it. But the shooting isn't quite as satisfying. The shot meter has regressed. And I never really realized how important a good shotmeter was to my enjoyment of the game until this year.

The movements are awkward and unnatural feeling. It doesn't feel like a good basketball game. Looks like one, but it doesn't feel as deep as it looks. It's not really catchy or addicting. To me it's not fun like real basketball is.

It's visually impressive, but I'm just having a lot of trouble getting into it. Feels more like a chore than something I enjoy.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but to me it's a step down from the other 2ks.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:25 PM   #64
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuwopGeezus
I really hope they don't make layups easier. I think one thing that is confusing though is that even though they removed the shot meter for layups, it looks like timing the release is still important on them, which is not made clear. But besides that, NBA players miss layups all the time, it happens. Just gotta make the next one.
I really feel like they made the layups harder by design to balance out how much easier it is to drive to the paint...I am still shocked by how BALANCED the drives/layups have been during my gameplay and I am loving it...my favorite 2k to date by a long shot!

SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results! ~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »