Home

MyCareer injury every game

This is a discussion on MyCareer injury every game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2017, 09:10 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MyCareer injury every game

Not EVERY game but I have lost Wiggins and Towns this season so far and I'm only 20 games in, plus DeAndre Jordan and a couple of others have been injured in games against me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2017, 09:23 PM   #10
MVP

Basically all the injuries I've seen happen in game are when a player takes a contested jumper and injures a ankle/foot which always happened in 17 until it was patched.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:59 PM   #11
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by davez
Are these happening in played games, simulated games, or both?

Our simulation soaks are spitting out the same number of injuries that we've had in the past. Knee and ankle injuries are happening at the rate expected based on our injury data that we've collected from NBA games (although, we aim from about half of real-life, as we typically strive for 300-400 total injuries per season and the 10-year NBA injury report that we based the tuning on had more than double that per season).

Also, Leftos looked into the durability issue and says that it was just a display issue. That spreadsheet was looking at the wrong attribute.

And...not saying there isn't an issue. Just trying to get more information so we can track it down and fix it.
I haven't personally seen one injury in my MyCareer when I've been on the court, but I'm only on game 15 or so. However, some guys have gotten hurt when my guy has been on the bench. Not sure if those were ankle related, however. I've only had two injuries total in 15 games, and those guys came back fairly quickly from them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2017, 11:28 PM   #12
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

Our simulation soaks are spitting out the same number of injuries that we've had in the past. Knee and ankle injuries are happening at the rate expected based on our injury data that we've collected from NBA games (although, we aim from about half of real-life, as we typically strive for 300-400 total injuries per season and the 10-year NBA injury report that we based the tuning on had more than double that per season).

Also, Leftos looked into the durability issue and says that it was just a display issue. That spreadsheet was looking at the wrong attribute.

And...not saying there isn't an issue. Just trying to get more information so we can track it down and fix it.

For me, these injuries only occur in-game. It's always the same injury animation off a jumper. It's the only in-game injury I've ever seen.

Hopefully, you guys don't remove it completely. Just tone it down and if possible add different injuries w/ different animations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 09-27-2017, 12:15 AM   #13
Rookie

Too many injuries. I play on the Lakers, 30games in, and so far, Brook Lopez, Randle, KCP have been injured for weeks at a time. Brook Lopez twice.

And I’ve played against the Rockets with Harden and Paul injured. Lebron sprained his ankle in one game. Towns, Ben Simmons and Millsap also got injured during a game.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:36 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:

For me, it's happening in played games. It always happens on a contested jumper when the shooter comes down (think the Kawhi Zaza incident last year). It tends to happen most frequently in my case when I'm closing out on a jump shooter on the CPU's team, but I have also had it happen to me. I've occasionally seen it happen on a contested rebound as well.

I'm seeing it I would guess on average about 1.5 times per game (12 minute quarters, HOF sliders), although I have seen it happen as many as 4 times in one game. I tried raising the durability slider up to 75 and I would guess the average dropped to maybe 1 per game. Then I upped the durability slider to 100 and would STILL see it maybe twice every three games. I then turned injuries off in my MyLeague.

The injuries that were triggering were always ankle/foot related (sprained ankle, broken foot, etc.).

It also seems to always happen to the last player you would want to see get injured. I don't know if it's because the stars take more shots so they are more vulnerable to it, or if it's because they are playing extended minutes (especially with the CPUs rotations on 12 min quarters now), but the star of the team always tends to be the one to get injured.

Another note, these are the only types of injuries I have seen happen in game as well. I haven't seen anything back, face, or arm related at all this year in game.

It's a really annoying that this is happening, and especially annoying that I can only get rid of it in my MyLeague mode by turning injuries off completely. I'd like to be able to play a Play Now game and not have to worry about this happening every game.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:40 AM   #15
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:

Okay, good to know.

Dave, I'm seeing these injuries in almost every Quick Play match that I've seen, about 10 games or so, so it's not just MyLeague. If it helps, it seems to ignore the durability rating as well. My edits tend to set most body part durabilities at 99, and players are still getting injured for those parts. Like others have said, it seems to be a lot of high ankle sprains after jumpers.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 12:42 AM   #16
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2

I lost CJ McCollum for 6-8 weeks with a broken ankle off of a contested jump shot in the first game of my MyGM.

I had no problem with it, but now I'm worried that it's going to be ankle injury after ankle injury.

And holy cripes, the Blazers are thin at guard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »