Home

2K18 Pro Am Accesories Gone? Why?

This is a discussion on 2K18 Pro Am Accesories Gone? Why? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2017, 04:07 PM   #1
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12
2K18 Pro Am Accesories Gone? Why?

I realize that the Pro Am/Walk On community only represents roughly 15% of the MyPlayer community, but hopefully this gains some traction. Why was our ability to accesorize our players removed for this iteration? Is it a server issue?

Not only does this help us better identify each other on the court, but seemingly it would generate a bit more revenue for Visual Concepts. In a game with almost flawless gameplay, this, along with the removal of a lot of shoes/clothing options seem to be a glaring omission in an otherwise stellar game.

After the patch was released yesterday, I no longer hold much hope that we'll see this option returning this iteration, and I don't expect to hear an answer from the devs as to why, but I know there are quite a few almost strictly Pro Am players who noticed this right away. What happened?

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2017, 04:34 PM   #2
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 2K18 Pro Am Accesories Gone? Why?

I was a bit surprised that it wasn't in the latest patch but I would be surprised if they don't add it eventually.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I believe they'll have the option added. Looks like it was something that was overlooked in the midst of them restructuring the mode. This feature is very important if you think about it. They host a pro am tournament every year. Without accessories, the variety in player looks would be too similar and take greatly away from the "flavor" of the mode.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:55 PM   #4
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I don't feel right unless my guy looks like a Swat agent in Pro-Am. I need my accessories.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2017, 05:32 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Settlon
I believe they'll have the option added. Looks like it was something that was overlooked in the midst of them restructuring the mode. This feature is very important if you think about it. They host a pro am tournament every year. Without accessories, the variety in player looks would be too similar and take greatly away from the "flavor" of the mode.
I'm curious. What kind of restructuring have they done?
Pro AM seems to be the same as last year, with the exception that we can no longer even match up against others by searching for opponents at the same time since you don't see the opponent team name.
There is a better looking arena, but that's about it. All the issues I had with the game mode last year are still there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 04:03 PM   #6
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Settlon
I didn't even think of that, that actually gives me hope for 2K18 after all. Hopefully we see something in that regard when the mega patch comes out, I just genuinely expected to see this added w the 15 day patch.

Old 09-27-2017, 04:18 PM   #7
Pro

Vroman's Arena

OVR: 0

Only realized after spent ~5k VC buying them from NBA store and Swaggs trying to get them work for pro am team.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:31 PM   #8
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
Only realized after spent ~5k VC buying them from NBA store and Swaggs trying to get them work for pro am team.
Yeah man, add not being able to equip ankle braces in an NBA game to the list of peculiar things for this year. Ankle tape (the length of tube socks) is an option though... Why?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »