Home

Difference of Player ratings at main roster screen from the in game ratings

This is a discussion on Difference of Player ratings at main roster screen from the in game ratings within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2017, 06:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question Difference of Player ratings at main roster screen from the in game ratings

I dont know if its just me, but there is definitely something wrong with the ratings for teams. Example, in the main roster screen as your checking out the teams and the individual ratings you would see there shooting and dunking ratings but when you jump into a game its completely different.

Take the Timberwolves, Jimmy butler's 3pt at the roster menu is 85, KAT is 82 and Wiggins is 79. but when you jump into a game ; Butler's 3pt rating is a 80, KAT is 81 and Wiggins is 75.

Now take the Raptors, Lowry is 3pt is a 87, Powell is as 75 and Derozan is a 65 (I think) but when you jump into a game, Lowry gets bumped to a 90; Powell to a 79 and derozan to a 70(I think)

and its not just 3pt stats, there are other stats that get changed for players when jumping in a game vs the roster menu , either certain players get bumped up , up to 5 points more or bumped down up to 5 points less

And another thing ( and this could just be me) , wiggins, butler & KAT have good dunk ratings, but they literally layup instead of dunk at least 90% of the time. Is this 2Ks way of nerfing the T-wolves so that player wont pick them as much

**Disclaimer-Not a T-wolves fan btw***

Any thoughts on this guys?? check it out let me know
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2017, 06:30 PM   #2
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Difference of Player ratings at main roster screen from the in game ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvn1
I dont know if its just me, but there is definitely something wrong with the ratings for teams. Example, in the main roster screen as your checking out the teams and the individual ratings you would see there shooting and dunking ratings but when you jump into a game its completely different.

Take the Timberwolves, Jimmy butler's 3pt at the roster menu is 85, KAT is 82 and Wiggins is 79. but when you jump into a game ; Butler's 3pt rating is a 80, KAT is 81 and Wiggins is 75.

Now take the Raptors, Lowry is 3pt is a 87, Powell is as 75 and Derozan is a 65 (I think) but when you jump into a game, Lowry gets bumped to a 90; Powell to a 79 and derozan to a 70(I think)

and its not just 3pt stats, there are other stats that get changed for players when jumping in a game vs the roster menu , either certain players get bumped up , up to 5 points more or bumped down up to 5 points less

And another thing ( and this could just be me) , wiggins, butler & KAT have good dunk ratings, but they literally layup instead of dunk at least 90% of the time. Is this 2Ks way of nerfing the T-wolves so that player wont pick them as much

**Disclaimer-Not a T-wolves fan btw***

Any thoughts on this guys?? check it out let me know
Coaching scheme change players in game ratings

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2017, 06:39 PM   #3
Rookie

ok I can see how that makes sense. I'll check it out. But that still doesn't account for the this teams low tendency to dunk verses so many others. Jeff Teague has a posterizer badge but rarely dunk in this game let alone poster a defender.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:47 PM   #4
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvn1
ok I can see how that makes sense. I'll check it out. But that still doesn't account for the this teams low tendency to dunk verses so many others. Jeff Teague has a posterizer badge but rarely dunk in this game let alone poster a defender.
Stamina and contact

Old 09-26-2017, 06:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOrangeBaby
Coaching scheme change players in game ratings

Is there anyway to change the coaching scheme.

I tried changing the proficiency system but that does not change the players rating in any category
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2017, 07:15 PM   #6
Rookie

CyberOps's Arena

Doesnt ratings change by what you have for difficulty, i mean the sliders adjust the attributes just like previous years. If you want correct ratings just make sure the attribute sliders are on 50, moving it up raises the attributes moving it down lowers them
Old 09-26-2017, 08:21 PM   #7
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

I noticed this too, very specific attributes changed, the all time lakers almost every single center they have, has they're post attributes change from the main menu , to in game, i dont think this has anything to do with the coaching scheme, that wouldnt make any sense if it did.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:27 PM   #8
MVP

Trade a player to a team with a different coaching style and see if the rating changes still

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »