Home

New patch stops the simcast vc trick

This is a discussion on New patch stops the simcast vc trick within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2017, 01:32 PM   #9
Rookie

Mike_SethT's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New patch stops the simcast vc trick

That’s what I’m worried about next year, EA is not shy with micro transactions either. We just haven’t seen it as bad until 2k this year. I definitely think whenever NBA Live gets good support back, they’ll go heavy on micro transactions too to make a ton more money as well.

I do also agree that if 2k didn’t mean to make that much VC through sim casting then fine, but to lower the amount you get while playing the entire game is just wrong.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:42 PM   #10
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Didn't do it fast enough. I already got enough VC out of the glitch to max out my player. Now I won't be spending another penny on this game.

Funny thing is the day before I started doing the glitch I almost bought VC but my card got declined. This glitch saved me months of grinding and possible real world mone and I don't regret it one bit. The route they went with the micro transactions this year was an absolute disgrace and I hope more glitches are found and more people abuse them.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:10 PM   #11
Rookie

I play mostly offline MyLeague/MyGm but sometimes I do like play in Park and it can be real fun when people are able to enjoy the game of basketball. Now, all this years I was playing tons of MyLeague games with 12 min. quarters and would spend all my VC on My Player. Now for a first time they don't give you ability to earn VC through playing games. This is beyond being scam, this type of greed is indescribable.

2k you did great job with gameplay and it is very good basketball game this year but I have lost all the respect to you as company. I'm someone who can afford to spend money but will never do it on principle. 60$ is a very good price for a video game. I probably would not write even this complain if you could deliver MyLeague/MyGm on the release date without any major bugs and glitches but you did it again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 02:20 PM   #12
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Funny thing is that glitch was up previous years too, but nobody cared enough because it wasn't such issue to earn plenty VC from normal playing at mycareer. I did even enjoyed with raising difficulty as my player getting better and that way earning more until i'm good at HOF difficulty and end up with plenty VC.

But now u play on lowest difficulty or highest payout is the same and your upgrade progression really stalls as the prices get higher. Beside that they seem not to reward VC for accolades which was like 200-300 extra VC per game until you get deep in the season. Same for park/pro am , accolades used to net alot extra VC in general that we don't get anymore.

On top of all my agent message got bugged and I'm unable to get shoe deal or any endorsement since first day of release. For the first time I came to do some shady VC farm method just to get one player maxed .
Old 09-27-2017, 02:33 PM   #13
Banned

The thing is it wasn't even a glitch, it was earning VC in the game as it was intended. You weren't breaking anything or abusing anything, you were just playing a mode in a manner which was the quickest way of earning VC fast. Just the same as every game has something that is the most efficient route to progress (planting exclusively wheat in hay day for e.g.).

The fact that 2K went out of their way 3 times to patch a LEGITIMATE earning method in order to make people pay more money this year is the absolute shadiest thing I've ever seen from a games company.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2017, 02:50 PM   #14
Rookie

sjackson1983's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSsTOwN
If you switch EA and 2k in this post it could be a post from 2003/2004 regarding madden and nfl 2k series.

damn shame.

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"
I completely agree. Unfortunately micro transactions are the reason why I dropped Madden ultimate team already this year and no longer play it. EA has no competition at all for NFL football so they can do as they please since it's either Madden or nothing at all. For a long time 2K could do the same because it was either 2K or nothing for basketball. Here's to hoping NBA Live can give 2K some legitimate competition and get them to change up.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:25 PM   #15
MVP

zello144's Arena

Well then to the next trick then. 1 min Qtr MyGM/Myleague games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 05:39 PM   #16
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

Out of curiosity, do you still get the same amount of VC for Simcast Live games? That was one of my main earning methods last year, and it is this year as well. It was only like 400 VC per game, but that adds up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »