Home

Are 76ers overrated in the game ?

This is a discussion on Are 76ers overrated in the game ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2017, 04:09 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Are 76ers overrated in the game ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrKfresh
Play the Game and see for yourself.
This, why make a post if you haven't even played the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewie100
Honestly, yes.

They got top seed in 2019 even without Fultz (start from offseason), with their top 2 players a 90 rated Embiid and an 83 rated Simmons.

Their depth is solid, with chem and morale boosts, they have 7 players 78 or more rated.
They SHOULD be the #1 seed in 2019, they've acquired the 3 best players from the draft the past 4 years, even throw in Saric (arguable ROY) and Roco (one of the better perimeter defenders in the NBA), JJ, Holmes Okafor etc.

Embiid, yes he's better than Wiggins
Simmons, yes I think he's better than anyone else
Fultz, arguable, but certainly has a case

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyretic
I thought from the thread title this was going to be a joke referencing this video.
I literally came into this thread to post this video as an overreaction, beat me to it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
IMO majority of players in the game are overrated to a extent, so I wouldnt say they are overrated when comparing them to other teams so much. Its probably hard for the devs to figure out a good way to knock a young but talented team coding wise. What should be is if you go into MyLeague or MyGM, team chemistry should be extremely low for a team like Philly, so while they are talented they likley wont win that many games this yr.

I havent dug into all the ratings with every team just yet to see how certain players are rated, to see how they came up with the rating they gave them. Likley with Embiid, they didnt lower his durability enough, not sure how much that lowers rating, for players that break easier than glass. Although Imbiid is in a contract yr so he will probably stay healthy for this season,lol, thats typically the case with guys like him,lol.
I think they're rated fairly in terms of overall/potential, they're a little lower than they should be IMO, but they're certainly not overrated by any means

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I don't believe they are overrated. They have a lot of potential and if those players can stay healthy and play to their potential they should be a lock for a playoff spot in the East imo. Ignore my avatar I am completely unbiased...........
As a fellow lifelong 76ers fan, I agree, they're definitely underrated
Old 09-27-2017, 04:10 PM   #10
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyraymond23
This, why make a post if you haven't even played the game?

They SHOULD be the #1 seed in 2019, they've acquired the 3 best players from the draft the past 4 years, even throw in Saric (arguable ROY) and Roco (one of the better perimeter defenders in the NBA), JJ, Holmes Okafor etc.

Embiid, yes he's better than Wiggins
Simmons, yes I think he's better than anyone else
Fultz, arguable, but certainly has a case

I literally came into this thread to post this video as an overreaction, beat me to it lol

I think they're rated fairly in terms of overall/potential, they're a little lower than they should be IMO, but they're certainly not overrated by any means

As a fellow lifelong 76ers fan, I agree, they're definitely underrated
I can agree with you here. In the end, it all comes down to playing as a team and chemistry.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:29 PM   #11
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

The Sixers go to the finals in both Live and 2K in various sims I've done, in year one.

So, no, they're not overrated. It's now their world, nobody knows it yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 04:38 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I know playing against an AI controlled 76ers is easy because they don't have anyone that scares you when they have the ball.

Embiid could be that guy, but his tendencies make him play passively.
Simmons would be fun to user control, but his jumper is just not there. Once you realize to just back completely off he is nothing to worry about.
Reddick cannot create his own shots, and because of the makeup of the team other guys don't get him open looks.
Fultz is hard to gauge because I use the Wizards and Wall is pretty decent.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:47 PM   #13
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrKfresh
Play the Game and see for yourself.

Yeah this was just unnecessary

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »