Home

MyLeague 1st Rd Draft Pick Cheat Sheet

This is a discussion on MyLeague 1st Rd Draft Pick Cheat Sheet within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2017, 05:10 PM   #1
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
MyLeague 1st Rd Draft Pick Cheat Sheet

2K does a pretty good job of getting the correct draft picks assigned to the correct team. However, due to complex protections in real life as well as some of the protection limitaions in 2K, then the picks are not always accurate. This thread is to help those who want to keep everything fair and realistic. I'll go team by team to let you know which picks to keep your eye on starting in 2018 and moving forward.

Note: I'm only listing the draft picks with issues. If they're owned by the correct team and don't require any attention (example Brooklyn's 2018 pick owned by Cleveland), then I won't be listing it below.

2018 DRAFT

Team: Philadelphia 76ers
2K18 Pick:
LA Lakers Top 5 Protected
What to do: If this pick is either 1 or 6-30 then Philly keeps it. If it's 2-5 it goes to Boston. If it goes go to Boston, then Philly gets Sacramento's 2019 pick unprotected instead.

Team: Atlanta Hawks
Pick: Houston Rockets Top 5 Protected
What to do: This pick in real life is actually 1-3 protected through 2023 and if not conveyed by 2023, then it's unprotected in 2024. In all likelihood, Houston will not have a 1-3 draft pick so there really shouldn't be anything to do here, however if somehow Houston does end up with a Top 3 pick, then simply trade it for their 2019 1st Top 3 Protected and repeat as needed until 2024 when it becomes unprotected.

Team: Atlanta Hawks
Pick: Minnesota Timberwolves Lottery Protected
What to do: This pick is protected 1-14 in 2018 through 2020. If it hasn't been conveyed by 2020, then Atlanta will get Minnesota 20 and 21 2nd Rounders instead.

Team: Utah Jazz
Pick:
Oklahoma City Thunder Lottery Protected
What to do:
2K got the Rubio trade wrong. He was traded for OKC's 1st that the Jazz owned, not Utah's own pick. To fix simply swap with Minnesota for the 2018 Jazz 1st Round pick.

Team:
Phoenix Suns
Pick: Miami Heat Top 5 Protected
What to do: This pick is actually 1-7 protected. If the Heat do fall in that range, then Phoenix gets their 2019 pick unprotected.

Team: Minnesota Timberwolves
Pick:
2018 Utah Jazz Lottery Protected
What to do:
See Utah above

2019 DRAFT

Team: Boston Celtics
Pick:
Sacramento 2019
What to do:
This one is a little tricky... First, if Boston received the LA Pick in 2018, then this goes back to Philly, also if this ends up being the #1 pick in 2019 it goes to Philly and Boston receives Philly's pick instead. If Boston doesn't get the 2018 LA pick or this pick ends up any where other than #1 then Boston keeps it.

Pick:
Memphis 2019
What to do:
This pick is protected for selections 1-8 in 2019 and 1-6 in 2020, then is unprotected in 2021.

Pick:
LA Clippers 2019
What to do:
This pick is protected for selections 1-14 in 2019 and 1-14 in 2020; if the L.A. Clippers have not conveyed a 1st round pick to Boston by 2020, then the L.A. Clippers will instead convey their 2022 2nd round pick.

Team:
Atlanta Hawks
Pick:
Cleveland Cavaliers Top 10 Protected
What to do:
This pick is protected 1-10 in 2018 through 2020. If it hasn't been conveyed by 2020, then Atlanta will get Cleveland's 20 and 21 2nd Rounders instead.

2020 DRAFT

Team: Orlando Magic
Pick:
Oklahoma City Thunder Lottery Protected
What to do:
Two years after Oklahoma City conveys a 1st round pick to Minnesota, Oklahoma City will convey its 1st round pick to Orlando Top 20 protected. It is protected 1-20 in years 2020 through 2022. If not conveyed in 22, then Orlando will receive OKC's 22 and 23 2nd's.

Team:
Dallas Mavericks
Pick:
2020 Miami Unprotected
What to do:
I can't figure out why Dallas has Miami's pick here. As far as I can tell, it's a mistake and should be moved back to Miami using the 2nd Round swap method.

Team: Detroit Pistons
Pick:
Boston Celtics 2020 1st
What to do:
This is a mistake, instead Detroit should have 2019 2nd Round pick from Boston. Just trade the 2020 1st for a 2019 2nd.

Source: https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dr...rafts/detailed

If anyone notices something that I missed or a mistake please let me know and I will correct it.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 09-27-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 05:13 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MyLeague 1st Rd Draft Pick Cheat Sheet

Thanks, this helps me a lot.

I was wondering what the issue was when I saw the Lakers have a pick in the top 5. I think it was #1 overall but am not sure (simmed past the draft and saw they had the prospect number 1 on everyone's boards)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »