Home

Let's talk about offensive rebounding...

This is a discussion on Let's talk about offensive rebounding... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2017, 08:13 AM   #9
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Let's talk about offensive rebounding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Wanted to get you guys thoughts on offensive rebounding....

IMO, it seems like there is an issue with teammates not properly blocking out causing an overabundance of OREBs....I'm seeing a lot of instances where an out of position player will come flying in untouched for a board...like their reaction time to the ball coming off the rim is much quicker than everyone else's...

I use the 05 Spurs a lot (PNO) so I benefit from this with prime TD a lot of the time...but I still think it's something that could use work...

What are you guys seeing?

I had a really balanced game for all players and OFF and DEF rebounds. with the input from a few other guys, I adjusted...

Vertical - 40
Hands - 25
Hustle - 65/55
Offensive Rebound - 1
Defensive Rebound - 3

So I adjusted the sliders, hands and vertical and adjusted hustle, I also changed the offensive rebounds to 1 and defensive to 3. I had very balanced rebounding game last night and felt great and no stat from any player looked off. Highest guy on my team (C) had 13 rebounds total and about 4 OFF rebounds. But I had other players chipping in with 9-5 rebounds. Key is those sliders and lowering those OFF and DEF rebounds for sure in the sliders. I think I had a total of 12 OFF rebounds for the team. 9 min quarters.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:30 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Try to switch on your under basket guy as soon as you can after ball leaves shooters hands (or even earlier when hes going up) and press L2 to box out, works for me.
If I remember to do this immediately in most situations i get def rebound, but when Im just watching the ball flying and doing nothing than off rebound happens.
Also playing off ball as a center makes you vulnerable to offensive rebounds (hes out of position most times and cant box out properly).
And I totally agree witch Coach2k - offensive rebounds happens most times after giving up wide open looks - its like your defense try to get to this wide open guy and forget about rebounding. Maybe its intended punishment for leaving guys open
Old 09-28-2017, 08:52 AM   #11
MVP

BluFu's Arena

This has stuck out a lot to me since day 1.. Even if my whole team is in position for a rebound, my opponent can still just fly in and grab the offensive board.

This definitely needs to be looked at by the devs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2017, 10:13 AM   #12
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

This game rewards you for taking control of the player to get a board. I definitely was able to grab more rebounds getting my guy preparded to snag a board down. I could do it pretty consistently with a SF and the C or PF would basically move out of my way when I'm in there. So I"ll just say, if you're wanting CPU to do the boards thing, then that's when you will get the out of proportion stats. Not sure I if I worded that clearly in laymans terms...
Old 09-28-2017, 10:37 PM   #13
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

The game is letting ratings override superior positioning too often even when the size of the players are equivalent. For example even if a player like Zubac gets a good box out on DeAndre Jordan the ball will just suction to Jordan's hands because the ratings disparity.

For offline it can easily be fixed, but I would imagine that online it is a serious pain in the ***.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:44 PM   #14
Banned

GloGangJay's Arena

I cleaned this up with slider adjustments
Old 09-29-2017, 01:13 AM   #15
All Star

I think it is the best it has ever been. In the past it was like impossible to get more then like 6-8 offensive rebounds in a game. This year you can get a realistic like 10 or so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 02:33 AM   #16
Rookie

HeatLifer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloGangJay
I cleaned this up with slider adjustments
That's incredibly insightful, mind elaborating?

A 2k legacy issue has long been: user-block to CPU, CPU manages to get ball back then passes to the open 3 point shooter for a make, or CPU > Orebs User OR User > Orebs CPU *BUT CPU > User 2nd chance points* lol it's long since been needed be addressed.

If you playerlock, you're toast on O-Rebs/2nd chance points, you're not beating the CPU in one or the other. The CPU walks into the paint and boxes out your bigs like they weren't there before them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »