Home

Let's talk about offensive rebounding...

This is a discussion on Let's talk about offensive rebounding... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2017, 05:32 AM   #17
Rookie

Naboulet's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Let's talk about offensive rebounding...

Totally agree with a lot of things i read here

- Flying offensive rebounds are a thing and they're irritating.

- You can really see that it is scripted. You're gonna take 4 offensive rebounds then the adversary is gonna take 4 offensive rebounds...if you have balanced teams.

If you have an average team and the other player has an elite team, he's just gonna own you at offensive rebounds. Your frontcourt isn't gonna box out or even jump.

Sometimes, they're gonna jump but the ball is gonna go through their hands.

- You can't do something about it even if you ask to focus on it. When it's decided, it's over for you.

- I like to go in counter attack with one of my backcourt when the other player takes a bad shot...and often, i get punished because the rebound is going to be extra long.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:44 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 2

I am seeing a bit of an over abundance of offensive rebounds but I chalk it up to my playstyle and offense. I get out rebounded a lot with the pelicans because Gentry's offense is more open and Davis and Cousins are not in proper position sometimes... I see realistic numbers when I make crashing the boards a priority...

I will do more testing on this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2017, 09:21 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 9

I'm not quite sure what's wrong wih OffReb but i definitely suggest turning your boxout asist to 20. 0 is not like last year so 20 i feel is the sweet spot.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:34 AM   #20
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Its ridiculous. Offensive players are able to react faster after a shot than defensive players are after a contest. Which means, if you jump at a post or interior shot, you're 8/10 times not going to get the rebound, and the guy that just missed will

Add to that that the CPU almost never jumps for defensive boards unless they're highly rated in Rebs and its a big problem. Its either I get like 17 Off Rebs in a game or my opponent does
Old 09-29-2017, 11:23 AM   #21
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

I looked through the default rosters this morning and noticed non PF/C' s boxout rating are 50 or lower which would explain why they hardly ever get in the way of many of these offensive rebounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 11:33 AM   #22
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Tall players jump to high and to fast. They need to limit the bigs jumping animations. It makes rebounding and scoring around the rim problematic.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-29-2017, 04:34 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naboulet
- You can really see that it is scripted. You're gonna take 4 offensive rebounds then the adversary is gonna take 4 offensive rebounds...if you have balanced teams.
It's not only scripted, but very contextual (at least in Career or GM player lock). It seems to simulate what should be the outcome when the shot goes, not what your input says it will be, give or take a little randomness. It's obvious if you turn the sliders all the way down, it blatantly disregards both sliders and ratings, lets everyone steal the ball from your hands if it decides to and nerfs your stick input. Also note that shots are more likely to go in if you're in a good position/boxing out, and that the defender AI already knows whether the shot will hit/miss when in the air if you're fighting for position.

It is what it is though, and has been every NG iteration, but no amount of new animations can hide that fact.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:03 AM   #24
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Ive watched Dirk for 20 years. Ive never seen him have these hops.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »