Home

NBA 2K18 on the Nintendo Switch is a Success

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 on the Nintendo Switch is a Success within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2017, 02:40 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K18 on the Nintendo Switch is a Success

Nintendo hasn’t been known for AAA releases of any sort outside of their own in-house Mario/Zelda...

Written By: Scott Burress

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2017, 03:47 PM   #2
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K18 on the Nintendo Switch is a Success

I agree. I only have the switch version and love it. It feels like 2k, and to have a full sports experience on a handheld is something that is truly awesome. My only worry is the patch support. I know that XB1/PS4 has gotten the patch, while the Switch is "soon". So I am still waiting to start my Myleague because of it.

I have not had a problem finding games in the neighborhood and was actually pleasantly surprised how many people were there. There was always games being played, and many times all courts were in use. Also, joining the NBA2K switch discord has allowed voice chat among teammates. BUT, they do need an invite friend feature. Currently you are region locked.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:26 PM   #3
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
I got the switch as a gift in the spring. I was considering selling it because Mario and Zelda type games do little for me. I decided that nba 2k would be the deciding ffactor on keeping the system or not. After playing this on my last business trip I can easily say my Switch isn't going anywhere. This is a great game but even more than that it hopefully opens the eyes of other developers to port over full games and not *dumbed down versions. *

Looking forward *to WWE , Steep if it ever comes out, Rocket league and maybe even FIFA
Old 09-29-2017, 12:41 AM   #4
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

A great first effort on the Switch by 2K. Being able to play this on the go is an amazing experience. Hope the patch drops soon and fixes the corrupted data issue.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-29-2017, 03:11 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5
I might be the first bunch of people to purchase NBA 2K18 on switch.*
This is a dream come true.
I've always wanted a very good basketball experience on mobile cuz I spent hours on transport to work everyday. I had high hopes for PS Vita but obviously it failed.*
Switch NBA 2K18 fulfilled my dream.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 03:24 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5
I have a few issues that I hope the switch dev team to fix asap. NBA 2K18 can be a much better experience without those issues.*

1. The control, especially the shooting response is still delayed by maybe 0.3 to half a second. I've got used to it over the last two weeks but surely it would be great to have those improved.*

2. Hope to see better and steadier frame rate when playing current NBA teams. Historical teams are much smoother, probably due to less complex arena and effects.

3. I can understand 2K wants everyone to be online all the time in order to secure its VC. However this is very bad for switch gamers because we take console out on the go. Once we get offline, our settings are gone, saves are gone, and so that the dream to continue playing my season on the go is still not fulfilled. I don't mind getting no VCs when playing games offline, that's totally fine with me, as long as I get to play my game wherever I want to. *Please respect those of us who don't care about earning, buying and spending VCs, those of us who still playing the game like how it was 15 years ago.*
Old 09-29-2017, 09:37 AM   #7
Rookie

OSUXUGrad's Arena

OVR: 0

Do you need to be online/connected to continue to play MyLeage/MyGM games? Was considering downloading the Switch version this weekend but will hold off if this is true. Can someone confirm?
New PC Build: i7 10700K, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (16GB 3200mhz), RTX 2070 Super, Z490 Aorus Elite AC M/B, EVGA 240 mm AIO, 6 Corsair LL120 RGB fans, Corsair RMx750 Watt PSU, and Lian Li Dynamic XL Case (white)
Old 09-29-2017, 10:16 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Does anyone have a link to the Discord? Every one that I have come across so far has been an invalid link.

Hopefully more people will be joining us on the courts once the physical version drops. The lack of VC bonus and slow patching has been dampening my enjoyment of MyCareer so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »