Home

Curry's Pull up Broken?

This is a discussion on Curry's Pull up Broken? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2017, 04:12 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Curry's Pull up Broken?

So I have probably taken a hundred of these while open in good range through various online modes since the last update, especially all star team up and maybe have made 2. it is unfortunate as you have to create extra space wait for him to stop movement and then shoot killing a lot of open looks. I am wondering if this was a nerf of some sort because when the game first dropped it was easy buckets with him all day. Now, I have not rushed to this conclusion and do not think it is user error. I can hit 3s from absurd range at a much more accurate clip as well as fadeaway or leaning 3s. It is just that quick pull up when moving forward will not drop no matter how open. Drives me crazy. Maybe they thought he needed an offensive nerf but that seems like a very dumb way to go about it or maybe it really is me not being able to rap my head around the timing. Anyone else having problems with his pull up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2017, 04:15 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Curry's Pull up Broken?

I hope your not talking about 30 foot 3's..... lol
Old 09-28-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
Pro

no, no stupid cheese, just a quick pull up either in transition or after beating someone off the dribble.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:28 PM   #4
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
no, no stupid cheese, just a quick pull up either in transition or after beating someone off the dribble.
oh ok my bad then lol. Sorry I have nightmares about that season lol.

But question. I was having trouble with Biddy. But then I started letting his feet settle under him. And then I started hitting more. It's actually the only way I take them now.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:53 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
So I have probably taken a hundred of these while open in good range through various online modes since the last update, especially all star team up and maybe have made 2. it is unfortunate as you have to create extra space wait for him to stop movement and then shoot killing a lot of open looks. I am wondering if this was a nerf of some sort because when the game first dropped it was easy buckets with him all day. Now, I have not rushed to this conclusion and do not think it is user error. I can hit 3s from absurd range at a much more accurate clip as well as fadeaway or leaning 3s. It is just that quick pull up when moving forward will not drop no matter how open. Drives me crazy. Maybe they thought he needed an offensive nerf but that seems like a very dumb way to go about it or maybe it really is me not being able to rap my head around the timing. Anyone else having problems with his pull up?
How do you shoot, using the buttons or the shot stick? Call me crazy, but I shoot better from midrange with the shot stick than with the buttons, but it's easier to make layups and 3 pointers with the buttons. It's odd but you may have that issue too, or it could be just me. But it certainly helps.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2017, 09:43 PM   #6
Rookie

I've been able to do it. I turn off the shooting meter and that helps immensely.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Twitter: @PopcornJones77
Old 09-29-2017, 04:21 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

Pull ups register as "contested" way too easily, basicall all it takes is a defender running besides the shooter or running past him catching up.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:21 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopcornJones77
I've been able to do it. I turn off the shooting meter and that helps immensely.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
I have tried this and am finding a lot of success. I don't want to say definitively yet as I like to be thorough but it seems that the meter is inaccurate. With it on I was filling the meter completely with white while not registering a green but consistently getting a miss. With it off my percentage of moving shots have skyrocketed though my stand still shots have decreased very slightly. This leads me to believe the meter does not line up correctly on pull up shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »