Home

Lack of Dunk Type Consistency

This is a discussion on Lack of Dunk Type Consistency within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2017, 09:16 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Lack of Dunk Type Consistency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I'm not sure this between the legs dunk triggers in Pro Am. It used to be reserved to park dunk packages.

It could be Park is currently programmed for a higher tendency to trigger flashy dunks. If so then Beluba should have the power to regulate this.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Just so everyone knows, my lack of dunk consistency has been on local and online play (1v1). I haven't started an association yet but I'm guessing it'll be the same. Have to wait until this weekend to test.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2017, 09:24 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
w

See, part of me stopped playing Madden because of things like this.

I already feel like I have lost the control of shooting that I had in 17. My shot was more reliable and consistent with my LDD in 17 than it is with my Shot Creating Playmaker in 18.

Now I can't control my Dunks either, and the most ridiculous part of this is my player doesn't actually have a driving dunk rating that matches the dunks he's attempting. His driving dunk is a 69, there is no reasonable explanation for him to be attempting dunks like he's a slasher.

It's incredible how I've lost control of my dribbling, shooting, and dunking ability all in one year. All so that the statistics at the end of the day illustrate a story that was not created organically, but instead manufactured as a means to an end.
I honestly believe they broke this unintentionally. I have no rational reason to believe this was intentional. Year after year the narrative they promote is giving the player/user more control. This lack of dunk consistency goes against that narrative. Same goes for the dribbling and the some of the response issues I've personally been seeing. However, I can see 17 laying a solid foundation for the 2k18 dribbling system. I can't say the same for the dunk consistency / baseline layup consistency issues.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:17 PM   #27
Rookie

Just so everyone knows, I created a local roster and lowered flashy dunk tendency to 0 on a specific nba player who has a diverse dunk package. I then went to practice to test out if flashy dunk randomness was still occurring when pushing the right joystick toward the rim and towards the nba players dominant hand. I'm sad to report that it is. Pushing toward the basket still results in dominate hand dunks, 360s, windmills, etc. Same goes when I push towards the dominant hand...randomness galore. This leads me to believe that tendencies have no bearing on this and that the triggering of dunks are no longer compartmentalized the way they were in previous years. Unfortunately, this year it's broken. Somewhere along the way the classification 2K used in prior years to compartmentalize dunks into a signature group has now been removed and the game just triggers dunks at random based on that individuals available dunk package.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:19 PM   #28
Rookie

As we head into 2k19, I really hope this has been addressed and the randomness of the right joystick (when finishing at the rim) has been removed.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:43 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 1

i've been fine but i only have 3 dunks equipped. quick drops off one, tomohawks and atheltic one hand off one.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:31 PM   #30
Rookie

Thanks for the feedback Loso. I'm speaking in regards to association / online association. It's even triggered in freestyle practice where I obtain fancy dunk animations when I'm specifically calling for two hands or dominate dunks. It's never been an issue for me in years past. It's been really frustrating this year. I hope they've corrected this for 2k19.

Try going into freestyle practice with any team who has an explosive dunker and concentrate on performing non fancy / highlight dunks either with the individuals dominate hand or two hands. I guareentee you at some point if you try it enough you'll get a fancy dunk. It's broken and needs to be addressed. Same goes for one handed dunks initiating when you're intentions are for a two handed dunk / vice-versa.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:30 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 3

Only prob i have is getting 2 foot gathers when i shouldnt have any.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »