Home

Money, Power, Respect: NBA 2K18's MyGM Is a Refreshing Take This Year

This is a discussion on Money, Power, Respect: NBA 2K18's MyGM Is a Refreshing Take This Year within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2017, 10:16 PM   #9
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1
Money, Power, Respect: NBA 2K18's MyGM Is a Refreshing Take This Year

I agree with most of the comments that this mode took a step back. Let us use custom draft classes and rosters as well as expansion teams and I would have liked this mode. It's always been the only mode I play and without the ability to customize it like we used to be able to I find myself simply not playing 2k at all. The disappointment of this mode has made the entire game a huge disappointment for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-02-2017, 04:41 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
"Fun." *LOL. *Not fun. *Stupid. *Give me the option to beat the hell out of the owner's son, and maybe we could call it fun. *For about a second. *Maybe.

Oh, and give me a true GM/Coach mode, dang it.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:23 AM   #11
Just started!

OVR: 0
I have used the Cars in MyGM and it's horrible...
The owner pushed me to trade for Vince Carter and Marresse Speights, I traded Shumpert for Carter and it ended up Carter saying he will retire...
The Magic were unwilling to trade him even when I offered them Rose, Frye, Nets 1st Round for him and Mack...
And before the trade deadline a trade happened without my permission.. and it's Zicic for Speights... player for player...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2017, 02:03 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Money, Power, Respect: NBA 2K18's MyGM Is a Refreshing Take This Year

Refreshing lol.

Select a team then create a new slot and select a new team and see if it's still refreshing.

I can tell you only played this once.

It's annoying as hell when you play with say the Hawks then decide you wanna pick a new team like say the Lakers and go through the whole entire process all over again.

From the intro to the cutscenes to the seattle relocation to the forced trade to having to hear about Baldwin, Staples & the other guy being Melo/Bron/Wade.

All over again.

At the end all of that being for nothing because the goddamn owner comes back to take the team anyway.

Tell me how just as a little experiment I selected the Knicks and watched them trade Frank Ntill for Derrick Rose.

What. The. Actual. ****?

You can't edit or create ANY prospects in the first year because......reasons & have to wait until the next season to edit prospects. The first time I played it I was intrigued, I felt like my job was really on the line and felt invested to make moves but after multiple selections it's honestly annoying and you could legit just skip the first year just to get to the good part which is the 2nd season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »