Home

There appears to be no skill gap ONLINE anymore.

This is a discussion on There appears to be no skill gap ONLINE anymore. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #9
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: There appears to be no skill gap ONLINE anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
I'm playing with a group of guys that for 2 straight years have been less than good to put it mildly.
This year they can do all the same stupid s#!t they have always done only this year it works.
Bad contested shots, bad contested layups, going up against 4 people under the rim, missing wide open teammates, even making free throws, it doesn't matter.
I'm going to guess you didn't find those teammates here. LOL
Old 10-02-2017, 12:01 PM   #10
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Me and my friends play small ball in Park.

We dont lose at all (215-50 record but this loses are for playing with randoms our team lost maybe 4 games)

But yes 7"3 recovery speed on defence is too much they can cover a lof ot ground.

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:44 PM   #11
Rookie

reese45mc's Arena

I play on ps4 and only play Pro Am with my long time running mate and we get nothing but trash players who can't do anything all the time, so I don't know what you are talking about. We destroy teams with horrible team mates and lose because of them also. There are way too many low IQ kids playing this game and no way to get rid or around them from online games. There needs to be some kind of leveling up system and a grading system that doesn't give a PG who only passes to 1 or 2 people and goes 1 for 12 an A or better. This whole game is broken so i don't expect any of these things to ever be put in place in the near future
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2017, 08:40 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese45mc
I play on ps4 and only play Pro Am with my long time running mate and we get nothing but trash players who can't do anything all the time, so I don't know what you are talking about. We destroy teams with horrible team mates and lose because of them also. There are way too many low IQ kids playing this game and no way to get rid or around them from online games. There needs to be some kind of leveling up system and a grading system that doesn't give a PG who only passes to 1 or 2 people and goes 1 for 12 an A or better. This whole game is broken so i don't expect any of these things to ever be put in place in the near future
There's a big difference between walk on randoms and a group of 5 people in party chat playing together.

What I am talking about isn't random walk on 12 year olds.

Sent from my 831C using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-03-2017, 09:23 AM   #13
Rookie

Definitely noticed this as well.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:51 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
Contested shots do go in at a high clip this year. I think 2k messed the ratings up big time. Your contested shot rating is higher than your open shot rating...which makes no sense to me whatsoever. 7'3's are incredible this year due to their speed. They get up and down the court just as fast as a forward or guard.
Nah your contested shot is only higher than your standing shot if you make your wingspan long. If you keep if default everything is equal. If you make it shorter your open shot will be higher. Which in reality makes sense (in theory). A player with longer arms should have an easier time shooting over ppl. A player with shorter arms should have a harder time shooting over ppl.

But as far as the skills gap. There's never a skills gap. The only gap is ppl who know how to use their build the most effective way vs ppl who don't.

As for contested shots going in. I don't really see that too often. And for me, I have my shot feedback on and a lot of times when a guy isn't hugging me on defense the game will consider it a light contest or even wide open sometimes. But I don't know what you guys are seeing. But I'm not really getting that skills gap thing. I play park and when I see someone with a record just as good as mine, I lock in. Sometimes they really know how to use their builds and sometimes they are really bad lol but personally I feel there is a slight skills gap.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:58 AM   #15
Pro

And if you're going into walk on without a team of at least 3 or 4 players and you expect to actually win or get decent players without getting them in a party chat or turning your mic on, you're foolish.

Ppl don't know your archetype just as you don't know there's which was silly for 2k to not put that on the screen where you see everyone's overall before the game. So until they see you make a few 3s, get a dunk or find the open man it's gonna be a wrap.

If I ever log in and go into walk in by myself when my friends are not on, I don't expect to get a bunch of players with high IQ so I take it in stride and try to win. Just like solo queing in any other video game.

There's been times I've started pro am as a PG and the randoms will let me run point after they see I'll pass. There's been times where I've started and the other team would literally freeze me out from the start because they were playing with each other or they are a squad (you can tell)

Either way if you having trouble with pro am and you only running with 2 ppl, go play park. OR. Make some friends on the game, it's not that hard tbh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2017, 10:20 AM   #16
Banned

Housh123's Arena

All Ima say is I had my settings on deny and play tight and I just played a guy who’d pass it around the perimeter and when the ball got to the corner he’d shoot no matter what

He made a lot even on play tight and it wasn’t even drive and kick

So yeah I agree the skill gap is leas

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »