Home

Issues with defense

This is a discussion on Issues with defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2017, 04:42 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Issues with defense

Last year I really found the enjoyment of playing a lockdown defender (6'10 SF) and tried to replicate that this year with a two way athletic finisher. Well that build preformed extremely low for me on the defensive end (fouling for machine on blocks, no ability to stop 7'3" giants).

I decided to "can't beat them join them" method and created a 7'3" 340 pure rim protector, again struggling to stop people near the restricted zone. When I say struggling, I mean anytime I go up against a 7'3" 340 center in pro-am, they frequently shoot 70-90% and drop 20 on me.

The issues I have is I'm focusing on defense 100%, the entire possession I attempt to battle them for position, keep them away from the paint using the right stick to push them, but all it takes is one pump fake and they force my player to morph to a bad position, and it leads to an ultra athletic throw down on my head.

Example 1: https://streamable.com/45s6l
In this clip the guy scoring is a 69 overall. Max HT and WT.

If you watch the clip you can see my hand up pressing the right stick in his direction to throw him off, it does literally nothing, and he slides off of me for a super easy lay up.

Example 2: https://streamable.com/pl1hx

In this clip, I have the individual sealed off from the rim for a second, good position, holding the right stick towards them, the opposing center simply pushes past me, and gets me out of position leading to a wide open dunk.

Example 3: https://streamable.com/jveof

In this clip I have the individual out of position for the offensive board, I have L2 held down and the right stick pointing towards the player, he simply slides off of me and grabs the board and goes up with it hard.

Now this is taken from 3 quarters of play.

I guess instead of complaining, how do I fix this issue with defending people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2017, 04:58 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Issues with defense

You can't, defense and defensive position DO NOT MATTER in this game.

Sent from my 831C using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-02-2017, 02:23 AM   #3
Rookie

thanks for sharing
Old 10-02-2017, 02:43 AM   #4
MVP

6'11 Pure Rim Protector here, I've found that badges are much more important this year. When i had Silver Defensive Stopper, Rim Protector and Chasedown Artist i was getting dunked on alot. If their Posterizer badge is at a higher level than your Defensive Stopper your going to get dunked on. I now have HOF Defensive Stopper and it is extremely rare for me to get dunked on by matchup, its usually when im a fraction late on Help D that i get dunked on. In terms of fouling so often, each time I've got Rim Protector to the next level im getting more blocks and alot less fouls.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:43 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalEvent97
6'11 Pure Rim Protector here, I've found that badges are much more important this year. When i had Silver Defensive Stopper, Rim Protector and Chasedown Artist i was getting dunked on alot. If their Posterizer badge is at a higher level than your Defensive Stopper your going to get dunked on. I now have HOF Defensive Stopper and it is extremely rare for me to get dunked on by matchup, its usually when im a fraction late on Help D that i get dunked on. In terms of fouling so often, each time I've got Rim Protector to the next level im getting more blocks and alot less fouls.

Appreciate the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2017, 04:34 AM   #6
Pro

I wish that I was able to upload videos.
I'm a 6'11" post scoring defender with silver rim protector and chase down artist, a 6'4" pg was on a fast break and I was in perfect position to get an easy block as the pg brought the dunk back right to my block.
I didn't get the block even though there was no real way that I wouldn't.
A few plays later I got a fast break and the same pg was trailing me by at least 10 feet was able to block me from behind. If I am not mistaken he was a shot creating 3pt shooter.

This game is less than a month old and I probably have over 50 videos of complete garbage that has already happened.

Last edited by awg811; 10-02-2017 at 05:02 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:57 AM   #7
Pro

In my opinion badges should be removed from the game.
Why would a sharp shooter with a 99 3 pointer need a badge?

Also in my opinion badges ruin the game and give unrealistic outcomes.

2k keeps talking about realism yet I've never once met anyone that has a badge in real life.

2k talks about attributes matter this year, yet 60 overall 7'3" centers can go into to pro am and come away with a 20 20 game.

And 2k talks about a skills gap. I've been playing 2k18 with guys that I wrote off ever playing with again because they have sucked for the last 2 years, but this year they can do no wrong.

Just like 17, this game has so much potential that appears will go unseen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »