Home

Skating Rink: Online Input Lag on Defense

This is a discussion on Skating Rink: Online Input Lag on Defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2017, 01:02 PM   #9
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Skating Rink: Online Input Lag on Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
I didn't realize the massive difference when playing online vs offline until 2K17. I had quit PNO for good because of David West making 6-7 threes. Then when my friend came home after living away for years, I played him and noticed the drastic difference when playing offline. It's so frustrating trying to stay in front of someone so if I get abused by someone good I will start playing offball defense with one of my bigs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

Unfortunately it happens but just spoke to my ISP and he confirmed it that 2k is using peer to peer so it all depends on if the other person connection is good then you’ll get a clean seamless connection. But then again depends on where that person is the ping can be high and then you’ll be skating around trying to stay in front of your man.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-02-2017, 01:43 PM   #10
Pro

zrohman's Arena

I changed my dns settings and opened up all ports.

My team played a little bit better due to player ratings vs play now, but defense was radically different than offline.

With no LT I go sliding all across the floor. Holding lt I get blown by. No doubt online is issue as no l there's no issues offline
Old 10-02-2017, 02:02 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
I've dealt a great amount of time with your issues as explained yet again i came to conclusion it's about how your ISP is going thru in the world, if it doesn't have too many stops to get to different servers then you're good if not the internet speed you have doesn't not matter at all, it's all about ping and your isp trace in the world. Beside that what i would suggest for you is

Reset your router everything back to default, reset your ps4 connection settings and back to default, make sure you have your upnp opened and just wish your best that you'd get some good p2p connection with whomever you play against.

So again make sure there is no static ip, wired back to default everything and upnp on.

I hope it would help..
its not just about download/upload speeds. obviously like someone said, its the netcode and 2k making that bad choice for years of having people do peer to peer connections. you can google that to figure out what that means.

its also your ping. Your ping in regards to your ISP's hub in your area(are you really far away from it? and 2k's servers from your ISP's hub. if you have a super high ping...forget it. i dont care how good your other numbers are, you will have terrible online games and lag.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2017, 02:30 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
I changed my dns settings and opened up all ports.

My team played a little bit better due to player ratings vs play now, but defense was radically different than offline.

With no LT I go sliding all across the floor. Holding lt I get blown by. No doubt online is issue as no l there's no issues offline
I suggest going back to reset all settings both on PS4 and modem as default and upnp on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »