Home

Custom Playbooks?

This is a discussion on Custom Playbooks? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2017, 07:02 AM   #1
Banned

Brightline's Arena

OVR: 0
Custom Playbooks?

Is t possible to create a custom playbook for use in play now and that carries into myleague? I know how to do it within myleague but I am asking about creating it outside of that. Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2017, 12:14 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Custom Playbooks?

Last year I was able to do it by starting a MyLeague, changing my playbook to User Playbook #1 and editing the plays within that.

During PNO games I'd change the playbook to User Playbook #1 before the game started and that worked.

I havn't tried it yet this year though.

Last edited by killakrok; 10-03-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:49 PM   #3
Pro

It's not working now. Video below.

I stopped playing MyTeam because of the bs and crap in that mode, not playing MyCareer/Park because of the microtransactions, and as soon as I jump back into PlayNow I see the one thing I want to do is impossible.

How do things that worked previously stop working, things that haven't worked in the past still aren't fixed, and a host of new crap shows up in the first week every year?

Do they QA this game at all or just wait for the community to get pissed and decide what to fix from there?

Video Link - Video Link
Old 02-20-2018, 02:58 PM   #4
Just started!

I know this thread is like 4 months old but I found a solution last night so I thought I'd share just in case anybody else is looking. I only know how to do this in MyLeague/MyGM, not Play Now.

Go to Coach Gameplan and go to the screen that has the coach sliders/preferences (you should be able to do this by hitting R2 or right bumper). One of the preferences is something along the lines of "Playbook". It will be set based on who your coach is. Switch this to UserPlaybook1 or UserPlaybook2. Now when you go to add/remove plays, your choices should stay instead of being reverted once you leave that screen. I have not yet tested if the playbook will remain the same even if you switch playbooks again.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:41 PM   #5
Pro

Yeh this has worked for offline for a few years, but for some reason it doesn't work online this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2018, 04:16 AM   #6
Just started!

Woops, that's my bad. I saw a similar post from a similar timeframe and didn't read this one at all before assuming this information would be helpful. #oops

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »