Home

Online defense is broken: on/off-ball settings change constantly without user input

This is a discussion on Online defense is broken: on/off-ball settings change constantly without user input within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2017, 07:14 PM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Online defense is broken: on/off-ball settings change constantly without user input

This is a game breaking element that will ruin gameplay experience and competitive balance online (24th can we sticky this somehow so the devs will see it and acknowledge this is being fixed???), watch the vid for detailed explanation of this monstrosity of an oversight:

Essentially, after every substitution/timeout all of your off ball and on ball defensive settings will be changed without your input. And w/e you inputed prior the start of the game will never stay consistent unless the other player never subs. In the video I showed you guys how to work around it, but yah this is SERIOUS.

We need to keep this thread going so the devs can see this, online was already bad with the matchup glitch and now this is happening to on/off ball defensive settings ???

Sam Pham

Last edited by itchyroll_51; 10-02-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2017, 08:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Online defense is broken: on/off-ball settings change constantly without user inp

Watched the whole video & it needs to be patched along with the timer being put back to 4:00
Old 10-02-2017, 08:51 PM   #3
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Online defense is broken: on/off-ball settings change constantly without user inp

Smh. I spend 3 or 4 possessions in game trying to get the off ball def settings right. Good vid. They will fix these.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 10-02-2017, 08:58 PM   #4
Rookie

Great find. Every year, it seems like they push the game out without testing a lot of simple scenarios that could happen. They need to test more. They still haven’t fixed the timeout glitch.
Example let your opponent shoot one free throw, call timeout and the game will freeze and they won’t be able to shoot the second one. Try it out online.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:00 PM   #5
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Wow, I thought it was just matchups. Settings get changed too? This is terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2017, 09:06 PM   #6
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Wow, I thought it was just matchups. Settings get changed too? This is terrible.
Things reviewers who get aggregated on metacritic don't see are things that don't get focused attention.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:52 PM   #7
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

How could this pass the QA?

so many glitches. Do they even test the game?
Old 10-03-2017, 06:13 AM   #8
Rookie

think ill wait til spring to play the finished version of 2k18.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »