Home

New NBA All Star Game Format

This is a discussion on New NBA All Star Game Format within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2017, 05:35 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: New NBA All Star Game Format

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerstake
This change could have been revealed to 2k earlier than it was announced and maybe 2k already had plans of updating asg once the announcement was official

Just a possibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, they might have known it earlier. Probably the reason why they assigned generic 2k jersey to East and West All-Star teams.

One's best success comes after their greatest disappointments
Old 10-05-2017, 05:52 AM   #18
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
Yep, they might have known it earlier. Probably the reason why they assigned generic 2k jersey to East and West All-Star teams.

Is that a fact? Or conjecture?
Old 10-05-2017, 06:42 AM   #19
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

OVR: 7

If they patched in someway where we get to pick the all star rosters in myleague For both east and west for this year while we wait for the proper game to
Be implemented next year I would be happy for that.
NRL:New Zealand Warriors

Old 10-05-2017, 11:56 AM   #20
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacD
Yes, that's exactly what I think will happen. Granted I'm not saying it will magically make the game amazing or that it will 100% work, but I do think it will be more competetive. Captains will select the teams, so there will be bruised egos, imaginary slights, players selected last etc. And aside from the media drama you will see players trying to prove something. Some players like Steph and Draymond really like the idea too.

You just wrote a bunch of paragraphs that could be summed up in one sentence: the ASG sucks now. So I don't see why they shouldn't try and tinker with the idea a bit, like they just did.

You want to see it become more competitive, make it that whoever wins, get Home Court advantage in the finals Id bet you see a little more fight from players, as well as coaches me more into winning it.

This change wont make much difference within AS game. Maybe the 1st yr or so, you might see a little more fight from guys, but its not going to magically get guys to dig in. These players today, just dont have that same drive and competitiveness, that you use to see, just the day in age we are at unfortunately.
Hey if this works, great, I hope it does, I would love to see guys get after it, but I really dont think so. If I remember correctly players are not even getting paid this yr, its all going to charity, which I think its great, as long as its a good charity that is. So that gives these players even less reason to get after it.

You really want to see this game become competitive, go back to East vs West, and winner take all. Loser gets no money, guarantee these players get after it then

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-06-2017, 09:15 AM   #21
Banned

Anybody ever wondered why we dont get our team jerseys for the rookie / sophmore game & just generic jerseys ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 10:54 AM   #22
Rookie

fillmorecash's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacD
Yes, that's exactly what I think will happen. Granted I'm not saying it will magically make the game amazing or that it will 100% work, but I do think it will be more competetive. Captains will select the teams, so there will be bruised egos, imaginary slights, players selected last etc. And aside from the media drama you will see players trying to prove something. Some players like Steph and Draymond really like the idea too.

You just wrote a bunch of paragraphs that could be summed up in one sentence: the ASG sucks now. So I don't see why they shouldn't try and tinker with the idea a bit, like they just did.
I totally agree, all CashIH said was the ASG sucks now and I dont like change. Adam Silver's NBA is one of change & improvement, they will tweak the format until they find one that works but this is a good start the best 24 players in mid season showcase game for charity just makes too much sense.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:04 AM   #23
Rookie

What they could do is just get rid of East and West, and make them team A and Team B or something, and just like use the same thing already in the game with the voting to get the "captains" and starters, but mix it up in the teams, idk. It'll be hard for them to do an all star draft unless they make it where the user just makes the picks. I doubt they can do it this season though, if anything it'll be done near the all star game so they'll have more information.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:05 PM   #24
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillmorecash
I totally agree, all CashIH said was the ASG sucks now and I dont like change. Adam Silver's NBA is one of change & improvement, they will tweak the format until they find one that works but this is a good start the best 24 players in mid season showcase game for charity just makes too much sense.

Im fine with change, as long as it makes sense. The idea is to make it more competitive is it not?
What do you think would make the game more competitive, doing what they are going to do this year. Or go back to East vs West, and either make it 1 of these 2 things.
1- Winner conference gets home court advantage in finals
2- Winner takes all the money, Loser gets 0$.

I know there was some talk last yr about it really not being much money, to make it worth going hard. And obviously, even with a winner take all, its not like each player is going to get millions of $'s, but I think if you made it winner take all, that would likely get guys going at it.

I think either one of these would get it more competitive, which is the goal. I think its sad that its came to this, but it is what it is, just typical of todays generation which we live in.

I think its great that this is going to charity, as long as the charity is a worthy one anyway.

Hey if this works and the game gets more competitive, great, I think thats what majority of basketball fans want, or the true basketball fans anyway, would like to see a little more desire to win the game.

Never thought Id see a day in age, where you would have to think up ways to get athletes to put forth more effort to win

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »