Home

Player Overalls: How do you feel about them this year?

This is a discussion on Player Overalls: How do you feel about them this year? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2017, 09:57 PM   #1
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Player Overalls: How do you feel about them this year?

How do you guys feel about player overalls this year? Do you think they’re generally too high, too low? Not big enough of a gap between the bad and elite players or too big of a gap? Not enough players in the 80s? Too much players in the 80s?

Just looking for any sort of general feedback
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2017, 12:36 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Player Overalls: How do you feel about them this year?

They're too high, but for the rest of eternity I can see them never being lower again. Mainly due to 2k's heavy involvement with NBA player's and the backlash of guys who already think their rating is too low.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:17 AM   #3
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Player overall have always been a joke with NBA2k. Had hope when some of the guys from this site got hired that would improve, but it hasnt. As I said in another thread, there needs to be more of a gap, you have a 25-99 ratings scale use it, not that I think any players should be 40 or even below that, but more fo the scale needs used than having almost every player between 70-99. I could see using 50-99.
IMO it should be a HOF scale, and its clearly not, even if they say it is, its that or they clearly dont know much about the NBA, and I dont think thats the case.
I actually think the reason they overrate most of the players, is because they want to be buddies with them, and they are star struck, even with them overrating players, some players get upset still with there rating, even htough they are overrated,lol.
Then what really makes ratings bad, is once the season starts, your little kiddies online see a player no matter how good or bad that player is, if that player has a short stretch of good games, they start crying this player needs his rating boosted, and they end up raising the already overrated player higher
And if that player is on a popular team, once he comes back down to earth, they dont lower that player back down to his already overrated rating.

Another thing I mentioned is defense ratings adjusting dont have anywhere near the negative impact that offensive ratings adjustments. Take for instance Harden, who has no real desire to play D, a yr or 2 ago, I lowered his defensive attributes way down, like 20-25 pts down, and it didnt lower his overall all that much, like you would have thought.
Now Im not saying they need to have the same impact between adjustments of offense and Defense attributes, offense should make more of a impact, whether it positive or negative, but I tend to think the gap is between the 2 is a little too much than it probably should.

These are just some of my thoughts, I dont know how gameplay would be affected as well as maybe sim stats be affected if you actually used a true HOF scale, and had more guys in the 70 and below range. Although there sim stats have not been accurate for a long time, although I do think the last couple years thats actually improved, so who knows sim stats might actually be better if you used a wider gap. But I wonder if it might not effect gameplay negatively, as Ive never did a major rerate, even though Ive thought about it, as I didnt want to put all tha time in, only to find out I broke the gameplay,lol. I do know Czar, did say something about messing with I think tendencies too much, can have a negative impact on gameplay. So I dont know if the same could happen with major attributes edits.

Ive been considering doing a full rerate and using more of the scale before I start MyLeague, as I usually rerate as I got in MyLeague. Just not sure if I want to put in that much time it would take to do it.
JMO, but to me 90+ should be greatness, and IMO, I dont care how great someone offensive stats are, if you dont put forth much effort on both ends of the court, your not in rarified air. Right not there isnt too many 90+ overalls, but you can bet once the season starts and they start bumping guys up, there will be all kinds of 90's and high 80's ratings

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-05-2017, 04:52 AM   #4
MVP

jk31's Arena

They are way too high in generall...So many bench guys have 75 or higher! Few years ago, a 70 rating was a solid bench player and everything 75 or higher was a solid starter. 80+ were borderline all-stars.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:42 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I seriously just global edit all Intangible ratings down to 25. Brings overalls down to a much more realistic level.

Intangible actually has no effect on gameplay and has proven to be just a way for 2K to bump up overalls for players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2017, 05:51 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragula15
I seriously just global edit all Intangible ratings down to 25. Brings overalls down to a much more realistic level.

Intangible actually has no effect on gameplay and has proven to be just a way for 2K to bump up overalls for players
Yuuuuuuuuuup. I learned about this nonsense last year when I played MyTeam for the first time. It's shameless OVR tweaking.

What are the overalls of the LeBrons and Durants of the world when you drop their Intangibles?
Old 10-05-2017, 06:57 AM   #7
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Doesn't matter to me.

I don't play online so I can control my NBA 2K World as much as I decide
Old 10-05-2017, 08:08 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

too high and not enough of a gap between players. I too would like a HOF scale where LeBron, Wilt, Jordan, etc. are 99 and it goes down from there.

The problem with putting intangibles at 25 is it impacts contract negotiations (for myleague/mygm) and trade value. Many (including me) believe it's sole purpose is to massage overalls to better value some players in contracts and trades.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »