Home

Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K19 Wish List

This is a discussion on Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K19 Wish List within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2017, 08:24 PM   #17
Rookie

subway's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K19 Wish List

The wwe import pictures for create a player. The euroleague back. Add nba players to ongoing myleague saves.

Last edited by subway; 10-07-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:04 AM   #18
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Post Re: Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K19 Wish List

I really want to reply to this, as this is the most important part of NBA 2K for me and the only real reason I would buy 2K19.

So I'll list some things, in no particular order, and I may come back and add to this list as I think of more things or notice more things.

- Please, please fix the AI's handling of foul trouble. We can fix a lot of issues with playing time with Advanced Rotations and I'm very grateful that it was expanded upon this year, but ultimately, without the AI knowing that 2 fouls in the first quarter means that the player has to be subbed out, 3 in the 2nd quarter, etc. the CPU cannot be an intelligent opponent. This should be at the top of priorities in my opinion, as this would obviously apply to every mode in the game.

- Regarding Team Building:

Have teams in one of three categories that mean something for all off-season activity

-Rebuilding (think 76ers for the last 5 years)
-Building (the majority of the league)
-Contending (GS, HOU, SAS, CLE, BOS, WAS)

Teams that are rebuilding should never/rarely trade draft picks and shouldn't sign max free agents that aren't already on the roster/drafted by the team. These teams are trying to get into the building stage.

Teams that are building would be looking to acquire more talent both short term and long term, more willing to trade draft picks, and generally be more aggressive in signing FAs and trying to trade for stars or good players on rebuilding teams, trying to become contenders.

Teams that are contending value keeping the team together above all, will be more willing to trade picks for short term talent gain, and be very aggressive at re-signing their own FAs and trying to acquire better players at positions without star players. Look at Houston acquiring Chris Paul for an example of contenders trying to add stars to positions they don't have a star player at already. Look at GS signing Durant last season.

All of this goes hand in hand with improved trade logic, if the logic was largely built around these tenants.

- Regarding Draft Classes

Could we possibly get draft classes based on real life templates? For example, look at the drafts held since, let's say 1984 (just throwing a number out there).

1984, 1996, and 2003 are considered the best NBA drafts in the modern era. So right off the bat, loaded draft classes with more than a few All-Stars should be rare.

Look at the amount of players that become stars, become role players, and flame out and try to look for trends for more realistic draft classes.

Some classes have great depth, even into the second round, but no star power.

We need to have the ability, even with class strength at 50, to have a 2000 NBA Draft, talent-wise every so often as well.

Generational talent (MJ, Shaq, Kobe, LeBron, Westbrook) shouldn't be common in the drafts.

Ages need to stay in the 18-22 range in general, with a few older overseas players being possible outliers.

For me, a big part of the draft, especially drafting in the 2nd round, is the G-League.

- Playable G-League

With almost every team owning their own G-League team this becomes even more important. With the G-League being integrated fully into MYLEAGUE, we could sign 20+ players in the off-season, play the preseason, and then have the ability to offer G-League contracts to some players that aren't going to make the 15 man roster. I understand the concerns about accessibility and making the mode "too deep", so you could make this an option when you start a MYLEAGUE.

If a fully playable G-League isn't possible, can we at least get 10-20 "Showcase" games? This gives us a chance to play with the G-League teams and get a feel for the players.

- Free Agency

Free Agency, especially with veteran or aging superstars is tough I know. It's tough to realistically re-create the Dwayne Wade situation I understand.

With that said, as the free agent money is drying up and open spots on teams are being filled, players need to lower their demands.

If not, then at least have these guys play "overseas" for a year to simulate them not getting a satisfactory offer. Obviously star players wouldn't or would very rarely do this, but role players do it a lot in real life now. It could be similar to the Euro-stash system in that these unsigned guys would be unavailable for the entire season or if you really wanted to take this to the next step, have them become available in March like in the real NBA when most overseas post-seasons are over.

This would, IMO, be an excellent fix to the issue of the free agent pool filled with players rated in the 70s and high 60s. There shouldn't be very many, if any, players rated that high sitting unsigned after the season begins.

- Roster Flexibility

This may be more of an overall roster thing, but pretty much every player with the exception of some PGs and most C in today's NBA should have a secondary position. In the league today, 2s play the 3, 3s play the 4, 4s play the 5, etc.

If possible this should factor into team building so that every team has a sufficient amount of ball handlers, wings, and big men.

No more teams signing 5 PGs and being unwilling to play them together, or 5 Cs who can't slot down to the 4. With the current system, and it has gotten better, you still see starters AND their backup both being paid starter money while another starting position goes unattended.

- Player Progression/Regression

This has been a huge pet peeve of mine for many years across every sports game I've played. Physical skills should regress, basketball IQ, and awareness should not.

Shooting can drop off a little, but look at guys like Kyle Korver making a living as a shooter into his late 30s. The same with passing ability. The athleticism that allows a player to make shots and see open passing lanes will diminish but not the actual ability. Maybe this is the only way to replicate that, by dropping the actual shooting/passing?

Defensively - lateral quickness, speed, strength, jumping should obviously regress as well. I think most players regress on defense late in their career before losing their offensive skills. Obviously Bruce Bowen and Ron Artest are two outliers that come to mind but that's generally the case.

The takeaway here is that physical skills should be the regression, not Awareness, IQ, Intangibles, ability to hit open shots, FTs, etc.

- Miscellaneous

I'll echo an earlier request -

Quote:
Award Selection: Allow us to choose who wins awards, makes all-NBA, makes the All-Star team, where the All-Star game is held, and if want the format to be East/West or Captain.

It would be great if we had an option to hide true ratings in MYLEAGUE and play with letter grades or some other kind of vague scale. Especially for incoming rookies/G-League players.

Lower number of teams necessary for a league to 24, 26, 28, etc so that we can do historic MYLEAGUE runs with the right amount of teams from the 80s/90s for example.

Please give us the ability to edit every Legendary team's coaching staff if we can't get the rights to these old coaches.

Please bring back the option for old school overlays/graphics. I believe it was last in 2K12. WWE2K does this with sepia tone, black and white, old "VHS" filter, etc. Please bring this back!

I will probably come back and add to this at some point, maybe many points, but for now I've already spent 30+ minutes organizing this post lol.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 10-06-2017, 12:24 AM   #19
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Additions/edits:

-Add a new player ambition: Playing time (or Opportunity). And make it a dynamic thing that can change over time. I.e. unproven players prioritize this more than proven players.

-Include 'peak year start & end' in the quick edit roster editing menu.

-Let us edit the dual potential attributes (i know the ceiling potential is in the backend).

-Add an option that influences how fast/slow a player reaches their potential. I.e. Development curve. Fast/early peak, slow/late peak, or average peak, and even unpredictable peak! I.e. 2 players might be destined to become 85 overall players, but 1 player might do it slowly +1 overall every offseason, and the other player might break out suddenly and get there quickly within 2 years and then stay there.
Also add the same function for the regression. Slow fade and quick fade.
And then in the draft class algorithm give quick fades to guys who rely on athleticism.
Player development nuances like this are integral to the NBA landscape in real life.

-More customizability when editing players. I.e. more varied faces in CAP, edit bodytype models (skinny frame, thick frame, average, fat, muscular, ripped, etc), muscle definition textures, tattoos, etc etc, many people have been requesting this. Let us edit whatever is possible.

-Add more player personality badges. OR create a "personality" section in player editing, that contains SLIDERS (i.e. not binary on/off. Like tendencies). The purpose for the sliders is so that you can set negative personalities without pissing off the NBPA. I.e. instead of giving a player a negative personality badge like "unprofessional", just give him a 10 for the "professional" slider. Incorporate personalities into the way it affects MyLeague events like: chemistry, media headlines, performance, body language animations, training effectiveness, how players respond to GM/media, morale, development, etc).

-Make it so there's some way to indicate whether a player is more focused on himself or his team. This should effect contract negotiations, team chemistry, how annoyed he is about playing time, whether his morale is more affected by his own performance vs his team performance.

-Make scouting reports more expansive. I want to read more words about a player. It's great that player comparisons are back but the scouting reports still don't tell me much about a player. I want to be able to make tactical decisions about team fit based on the words i'm reading rather than the grades. I want to see more than 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses (also don't give me irrelevant strengths like "terrible rebounder" for a PG). I want to learn about the player through words. Make it so that the words force me to imagine the player/fit, and then find out later how close i was. After the strengths and weaknesses section, provide more words about his playing style and tendencies and team fit etc. More detail!

-Create A Staff mode.

-Create An Owner mode. Let us edit the team owner 5-star ratings, and save it in the roster file.

-Let us load custom rosters in MyGM mode.

-Integrate ML into the web! Create an Online Roster Editor, and allow us to load the ML results on a webpage, i.e. league stats, standings, attributes, player profiles, news, from the internet of any computer. Allow us to edit data if we want, like rosters, draft classes.

-Expand coach ratings. Add "chemistry" and "player development" as an A-F gradable rating to go alongside the offense, defense and potential categories. Reasoning? Sometimes coaches are hired because they're good motivators or people persons. Not necessarily just for X's and O's reasons. Have you heard of "the player's coach"? Someone that the players respect and can relate to, which improves team chemistry. That's your guys like Mark Jackson, Ty Lue, Scott Brooks, Mike Malone, Doc Rivers, Dwane Casey, many more. Guys like George Karl and David Blatt would be bad in these departments. Larry Brown probably would too. Some coaches are great at managing egos (Phil Jackson back in the day). Some coaches are bad communicators (Byron Scott). There needs to be a rating that reflects the "people" element, and the rating expresses itself through affecting the team chemistry meter. Here's some suggestions of what you could call it: Chemistry. Relationships. Motivate. Social. People Management. Inspire. Rally.
Furthermore, some teams - usually tanking teams - hire coaches purely to develop their young players. Some coaches are more inclined towards this area than others. Guys like Quinn Snyder, Jacques Vaughn, Luke Walton, etc are good in this area. Ron Adams (GSW assistant coach) would be good in this area too. Some coaches are more focused on winning than developing young players (Thibs, and more). I think Development is a fine name for it.

-Make it so that coaches systems have more influence over player stats. If a team changes their head coach with a different coaching system then that should change the player stats a bit.
Also, player attributes should have more weight in the the shot spread. I.e. right now tendencies really dictate how much a player shoots/doesn't shoot, which ultimately affect their PPG. But sometimes you get a player with good offensive ratings but his tendencies means he only scores like 5ppg despite being a starter. That kinda stuff has to go. Players with good offensive attributes should be scoring, even if their shooting tendencies are really low. Is it possible to make tendencies develop dynamically based on their attribute development? In other words, make tendencies be somewhat shaped by attributes, so that generated players don't end up with weird skillset shapes/results (i.e. 85 overall centers scoring 5ppg, stuff like that)

-Add a coaching system that is focused on Transition play (for young teams that intend to run the floor).

Philosophy:

-MyLeague is currently a great mode with many features and algorithms going on under the hood, but a lot of it is tucked away where it's hard to notice, so this year i would like to see you guys focus more on the way the game expresses itself to the user. I'm talking presentation-wise. I want to see magazine covers, ESPN style major headlines, i want to get emails from players/staff/media people, i want to see interactions between players and media and staff. Think creatively about this. Top 5 moments of the month highlight package? Have the game inform you when records get broken. Have the game express notable storylines, like hot streaks, key quotes, unhappy players, rumours, any kind of drama/theatre! The game needs avenues to express what's going on under the hood in order to really hook people and become an immersive experience. Make the game explain its decisions to the user. Even things like a coach signing a player because the coach prioritizes "high IQ" guys. Stuff like that.
And player personalities should be the seed of a lot of the theatre that the game expresses to the user.
BUT DON'T JUST DO IT THROUGH TWEETS. There are way too many to bother to sift through. It's overwhelming and oversaturated. Too much noise. It's not immersive or intriguing. It's easy to miss narratives that would otherwise capture my imagination if it was presented with more integration and context.
I hope 2k19 focuses on presentation.
The thing that tweets can focus on is small things like game highs and reactions to events like the draft etc.

-Remove the story mode from MyGM mode. Leave it for MyCareer mode. MyGM is about creating your own history and narratives. Being forced into a script removes the player from the game. Season modes are a cause&effect universe. The script creates the effect without the user creating the cause. It's backwards, and not enjoyable.

-A dysfunctional team starts at the top and trickles to the bottom. (i.e. starts from the owners and front office). Make the game express this.

-Please hire some testers for the next cycle. Hire some hardcore/longtime NBA fanatics that are obsessed with these modes to really get stuck into the game and uncover anything that might frustrate buyers (bugs, misbalances, etc). I don't want to make any devs feel bad here, but for me, the past few years buying 2K has resulted in emotions of extreme frustration after getting hyped up and discovering the MyLeague mode isn't playable out of the box again. I have remained invested in 2K regardless but surely hiring some testers can't be that hard. There are plenty of guys here that would probably do it for free, myself included. I don't know if many other ML players would be as willing to be return customers if release day is disappointing again. It's draining.

Last edited by Barncore; 10-06-2017 at 02:43 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:18 AM   #20
Rookie

- Remove the story for MyGM
- Insert the preseason games
Old 10-06-2017, 05:08 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 9

Hellloooo wishlist!

MLO Wishlist from a 10 years commish of OL of 2k's:

I love the stability of the mode that we've gained for the last 2-3 years, please if not broken don't fix it and always make it stabile. First things first.

1. If possible add NBA salary to MLO
2. Don't get rid of keepers let us choose whether we want Keepers w/o Salary or Regular NBA Salary. I love the keepers logic and we certainly do use and we will certainly use the keeper system in the future, it's great even we'll have NBA salary we want to be able to choose between so it's good don't get rid of it.
3. Live Score Tracking in-league
4. If possible make live scoring tracking with the ability of live game recap, X made a layup, missed a freethrow etc. like.
5. Let admins have General Controller Settings for all members of the leagues such as:
  • Ability to select on/off/user decide shot meter settings for all
  • Ability to select the defensive asist rating 0to100 or user decision for all
  • Ability to select the boxout asist rating 0to100 or user decision for all
  • Ability to select Shot auto contest L2 again choices
6. Add Filters to Game Management, filters to show only selected team, filters to show only selected users etc. so that we can easily go through between games to reset or sim etc.
7. Ability to remove or add teams before and ongoing leagues. We're not always 30 so we need flexibility in that.
8. Ability to select and assign any player to any team any team by the commish. Ultra power.
9. Ability to assig admins workflows such as. I don't want every admin to be able to edit rosters maybe i want one admin to only be able to reset game and the other to have more power than that. etc. What an admin can do in his abilities within league.
10. Ability to make the league conference free. Not all the time we want to be divided into 2 confecerences. Make it free.
11. Ability to add/remove any team into the league. (All-Time, Classics)
12. Ability to upload custom draft roster into rookies.
13. Some more league like news on the league page.
14. Ability to have All-Star Game and ability to vote on them within the league users.
15. Stabile dedicated enough resource for MLO specific servers. (I think they are reduced into game modes, so we need more resource in MLO.)
16. End-Game Highlights for a match summary video.
17. Player Awards voting or admin selecting or reselecting what's anounced.

That's all i can think of at the moment, i will most certainly add if i come with more. Thanks in advance for another year of your hardwork.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 10:50 AM   #22
Rookie

garypayton's Arena

!!!CAP SYSTEM AS ACCURATE AS IN WWE 2K18, WITH THE POSSIBILITY TO CREATE A CYBERFACE FROM PICTURES FOR CREATED PLAYERS!!!
Old 10-06-2017, 12:16 PM   #23
MVP

jk31's Arena

Myleague Online:

Global Controller Settings for whole League. Admins should be able to choose options everyone has to use.

RealFG%: Right now you can select realfg% but it only applies to User vs AI games Not for User vs User games.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-06-2017, 01:00 PM   #24
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

I'd love to see coaches and players in interviews or post game press conferences with subtitles..

I think personality ratings and sliders are a must though. Not only does it enhance logic or free agency, etc. but it can also affect gameplay and maybe allow the possibilities of guys with short tempered ratings get techs in-game? Make it a 1-99, or 25-99 rating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »