Home

Good Release vs Slightly Early/Late

This is a discussion on Good Release vs Slightly Early/Late within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2017, 09:48 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Good Release vs Slightly Early/Late

Turning off the feedback is all fine and dandy, but at the end of the day for those who want to leave it on it should be accurate. “Good” releases almost never go in, that’s a fair complaint for people to have.

Both my meter and feedback is on, but I ignore them completely for the most part. I don’t like using them for judgement, but at the same time I don’t like that the majority of misses say “good” and the majority of makes say “early/late”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2017, 02:44 AM   #34
Rookie

I just gave up and made a two-way Slasher. Oh well. 🤷🏾*♂️
Old 10-09-2017, 08:28 AM   #35
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Turning off the feedback is all fine and dandy, but at the end of the day for those who want to leave it on it should be accurate. “Good” releases almost never go in, that’s a fair complaint for people to have.

Both my meter and feedback is on, but I ignore them completely for the most part. I don’t like using them for judgement, but at the same time I don’t like that the majority of misses say “good” and the majority of makes say “early/late”.

I read a comment on YouTube that said turning off the shot meter is like turning off aim assist in Call of duty games when everybody uses it lol. Valid point.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2017, 01:01 PM   #36
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10

I shoot better without shot meter, I keep feedback on though...
Old 10-09-2017, 01:49 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza

The absence of a visual aid also doesn't change the (potental ?) issue that a good release is less effective that a not-so-good release. Just because one choses to remain ignorant doesn't change the issue at all, it merely makes people less aware of it. I mean, a good release is a good release, wether the visual is there or not.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:05 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I always thought Mike Wang reason for making the meter in the beginning was for users that we're either new to the game or you played with different teams to get their releases during the game instead of later.

But the flip side is this everyone running after the perfect release. It's like you said. After a few jumpers with a player in game. After the third shot. You probably already know the timing.

The worst part is users sitting here and trying to figure out the forumla for shooting so that they can get more green releases. Even though they have thinned the chances of a green. Users still want those green shots.

The funniest thing for me. I'd that shot meter was never in the game. For years, we didn't use meters. Shot meter is only 3-4 years old now. These threads suck the life out of the game lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I agree with you.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:05 PM   #39
Rookie

I like to play with different teams so it used to be hard to get everyone's release down. It felt like we have to study everything. I have a life outside of 2K, lol.

Basically, I like the shot meter.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:06 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
The fact your calling me bro this conversation ended for me LMAO.

Na but I'll take my help some where else lol. The fact your talking about frame skip..... WTF.... Lol

Yea man, I've said my piece. I'll try help someone else.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
You should, considering your end game here is to come off as some kind of "teacher".

The second you tried to "help" someone, without actually reading the content of their post, you made a mistake.

Learn from it.

My opinion stands. The way they define "Good" is not what most people understand good to be, but we are beginning to understand what to expect from "Good" in the feedback. Now the general user probably understands the difference between good and slightly off is nominal, and shot selection quality still remains your most important aspect.

Last edited by Thunderhorse; 10-09-2017 at 06:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »