Home

NBA 2k18 Official Player Lock Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 Official Player Lock Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2017, 12:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2k18 Official Player Lock Thread

I know there's a mycareer thread but it's not the same. I like to get on the game and just play. Not really interested in the cheesy story or investing even more money in VC. Any way I'm playing as a C/PF on the Celtics. Wanted to contend against my favorite team the Cavs. Anyone else playing this mode? What are your thoughts? How's your league going so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2017, 12:34 PM   #2
Pro

DevSwerve's Arena

Re: My league player lock

good to see my thread from 17 live on i actually haven’t started one yet this year but i will eventually when all the bugs get fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2017, 12:38 PM   #3
Rookie

I was looking for your thread for this game before I created one. Hope that it's ok I created one. I wanted to wait but couldn't resist playing. I love the gameplay so far. Hopefully the bugs get worked out soon.

Old 10-07-2017, 01:44 PM   #4
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

Player Lock here. Let’s get this thread going bros!
Old 10-07-2017, 02:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Another player locker here

Don't have the game yet, but I was hoping to get some insight on how things are working in myleague..?

What I like to do is to create my own player to the draft and see what team picks me the next year. Then I'll take control of just that team and set all the other teams to "auto"
When I get subbed out I switch to Sim cast lite.

Are there still major bugs in myleague or they fixed em already?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2017, 08:31 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach
Another player locker here

Don't have the game yet, but I was hoping to get some insight on how things are working in myleague..?

What I like to do is to create my own player to the draft and see what team picks me the next year. Then I'll take control of just that team and set all the other teams to "auto"

When I get subbed out I switch to Sim cast lite.

Are there still major bugs in myleague or they fixed em already?

Thanks

I haven't encountered any bugs yet but I'm still very early in my season. I haven't even thought to have my player drafted the second year. Great idea and may run that with my second myleague save. As far as bugs I did hear about some issues with draft and stash and incoming rookies. I heard some rookies would have a crazy overall like 90? I haven't experienced it myself. So far it's been great and the gameplay has been amazing. I did have to do some tweaking to some sliders I'm using cause my player was averaging way too many rebounds a game. I'll keep everyone posted on how my league is going.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:00 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Mac vG
I haven't encountered any bugs yet but I'm still very early in my season. I haven't even thought to have my player drafted the second year. Great idea and may run that with my second myleague save. As far as bugs I did hear about some issues with draft and stash and incoming rookies. I heard some rookies would have a crazy overall like 90? I haven't experienced it myself. So far it's been great and the gameplay has been amazing. I did have to do some tweaking to some sliders I'm using cause my player was averaging way too many rebounds a game. I'll keep everyone posted on how my league is going.

Thanks for the insight.
I'm no stranger to sliders and have been using them every year to get the game as close to the real thing as possible.

Hoping they'll fix the issues sooner rather than later
Old 10-09-2017, 03:39 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I play player lock (PG) as well.

One question: When i play on Superstar or Hall of Fame. Do i need to change sliders in game to even out the boosts the CPU gets? Are my CPU controlled players slower than their opponents because of the higher difficulty level?

And what about the players i control? Should i raise certain attributes (speed, acceleration, etc.)?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »