Home

NBA 2k18 Official Player Lock Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 Official Player Lock Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2017, 12:31 PM   #65
K3V
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k18 Official Player Lock Thread

3pt for CPU back to 50 after this 1st quarter nonsense. Lost the game anyway but the percentages were much better by the end.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 09:59 PM   #66
Pro

Got a annoying issue.
Play with a created player,I put him in the draft,editing the draft class when starting the game,player gets drafted etc and I take controll of that team (controlling all 30 teams if traded etc)
Here's my issue.
No matter which rosters I use,they are all screwed up when starting the myleague,Kyrie back in Cavs,Isaiah in Bos,melon in NY etc.
Why?
It's like it's last seasons rosters,doesn't matter which ones I use,I check em before starting the whole process.
Is it because I edit the draft class?
I've followed all the steps on how to do this,think there was a guide posted by one of you guys.
Any help?

Xbox :ettnollbajen
Old 12-10-2017, 03:12 PM   #67
Rookie

bliz11's Arena

My 1st post ever!

I love player lock on myleague. Best way to play. Need to control the lopsided trades tho which makes myleague even better. I player lock on other sports games but you can't control the stupid trades anymore i.e. the show.

I am currently rebuilding Sacramento. I created a SF (Alonzo Bishop) similar to Antetokounmpo with better outside shooting. Drafted my created player in the 2018 Draft 2nd overall behind Marvin Begley III.

Good young nucleus to build around with my created player becoming the superstar to hopefully overtake the warriors.

This team is one of the most exciting fun teams I have built in a while. I love the underdog and rebuild of bad teams.

Currently 2-1 In 2018. Got a triple double in my debut. Fox and Giles are developing nicely but need more development to beat the good teams in the west.

What draft classes does everyone like to use?

I'm thinking about using F.D.U. when they come out this month.

Any other tips for player lock myleague is much appreciated.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:20 PM   #68
Rookie

bliz11's Arena

Got 2 questions if anyone can help with:

1. Does anyone have any adjustments I should make on game plan to get more quality production out of my bench on player lock when my player is out of the game?

I seem to keep the game competitive til my 3rd qtr to 4th qtr rest, then I have an insurmountable deficit when I re-enter the game.

2. I understand the system proficiency (a little) with the kind players I have but should I change coaches that better suits my future talent?

2a. And how do you know what system a potential coach uses if making a switch?
Old 12-12-2017, 04:09 AM   #69
Rookie

Bankside's Arena

Hi Guys,

i read this thread an now i'm really interested in starting a mygm with player lock, since mycareer became an endless grind

I'm new to this, so could you give me some tips to start it off?

- how exactly do i set this up? where do i set the player lock?

- how can i create my own player, get him to the team i want to play with and "lock" him?

- do you recommend any slider setups?

- is this mode possible with 2 players at one console? i mean like i "lock" the PF and my partner with the second controller plays the PG, is this possible?

- any other tipps or links for me to get into this mode?
Old 12-12-2017, 09:36 AM   #70
K3V
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliz11
Got 2 questions if anyone can help with:

1. Does anyone have any adjustments I should make on game plan to get more quality production out of my bench on player lock when my player is out of the game?

I seem to keep the game competitive til my 3rd qtr to 4th qtr rest, then I have an insurmountable deficit when I re-enter the game.

2. I understand the system proficiency (a little) with the kind players I have but should I change coaches that better suits my future talent?

2a. And how do you know what system a potential coach uses if making a switch?
You might want to look at tendencies for your created player to ensure you're getting enough touches under the freelance setting. I was having the same issue when I first started this year then throttled my touches to 90 and I'm now basically splitting the offensive load with Giannis perfectly. Don't know what to tell you about coaches and system proficiency.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:48 PM   #71
Rookie

XJ27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettnollbajen
Got a annoying issue.
Play with a created player,I put him in the draft,editing the draft class when starting the game,player gets drafted etc and I take controll of that team (controlling all 30 teams if traded etc)
Here's my issue.
No matter which rosters I use,they are all screwed up when starting the myleague,Kyrie back in Cavs,Isaiah in Bos,melon in NY etc.
Why?
It's like it's last seasons rosters,doesn't matter which ones I use,I check em before starting the whole process.
Is it because I edit the draft class?
I've followed all the steps on how to do this,think there was a guide posted by one of you guys.
Any help?
Did you select "Start in offseason"? If so, that's the problem. Starting in the offseason more or less undoes all of the offseason roster moves like trades and free agency.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2017, 05:55 PM   #72
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ27
Did you select "Start in offseason"? If so, that's the problem. Starting in the offseason more or less undoes all of the offseason roster moves like trades and free agency.
Aha,,,yeah I started in the off season to get my player drafted,read somewhere that you'll have to wait til season two to get your created player drafted with the right roster,and not the screwed up 16 roster.
I'll try your way and have a look
Thanx for the answer bro

Xbox :ettnollbajen

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »